Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be changing to SE 203 cams shortly and doing the breather valve as I'm getting too much oil into the air filter.
Anyone using this breather and does it work for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
havent used one, but have heard good things about them. what makes you say you are getting too much oil in the air filter? What air filter are you using?

Tony

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using s/e air filter and oil is coming out the bottom of filter onto the cam housing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
how old is the SE filter? I have and 02 that had, my guess is an 02 version of the SE filter with the breather holes at the bottom of the back plate. on long hard rides it would blow oil all over the right side of my bike. I upgraded the the back plate to the newer style part number 29510-05 page 542 of the p&a catalog, that vents at the top and has breather tubes that vent into the throat of the carb or throttle body. Replaced this last fall and rode all summer with no problems.

Tony

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same newer style back plate as does a friend of mine who rides an 07 RK and we both have oil all over the right side of the bike,especially when over 100 MPH

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok. guess i got lucky, or i dont ride as hard as you guys do. anyway, here is another option http://www.dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=1 but its kind of spendy IMO. not sure how much the S&S breather is. AN even cheaper option is (i read this and havent tried it) to stick a Maxi pad to the inside bottom of the filter cover. and change as needed.

Tony

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had the S&S breather valve installed a few days ago and have put on about 400 miles and not a drop of oil so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
COOL, glad its working for you. Does your bike blow oil when its cooler out too? Mine only seemed to do it when it was hot.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quess I'll have to wait till next summer to find out...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts