Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, had to make a new account. Lost all I for for my old one.

Anyways, I’m putting together a 124ci and am using the SS oil pump/cam plate and have run into this issue as the pictures show. Tolerance seems very far out and it just makes me feel uneasy about it.
I have called s&s and they did say that the fitment will be loose to compensate for crank runout. But they have not looked at the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
168 Posts
It looks like the impeller is not sitting flat, I wouldn't be comfortable with it either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Retired citizen
23,096 Posts
That doesn't have anything to do with crank runout. Runout is how much the end of the crank wobbles when it's turning. What's the runout on that crank ?

I'm wondering if the scavenge gear rotor looks the same.

I prefer the Fueling oil pumps but they specify .002" crank runout. Also they fit to the crank so tight they're difficult to install. The pump in the pic probably installed pretty easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crank is fresh from Darkhorse Crankworks. I’m just wondering if all s&s pumps are like this. At this point I’d almost rather just get the Fueling setup. I’d really like to see some input from others that have used the s&s as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Retired citizen
23,096 Posts
I have installed the S&S pumps when installing the gear drive cam plates. I don't remember the gear rotor having the gap shown in your pics.
Did the pump install onto the crank easy ?
Does the (inner) scavenge gear rotor have that same gap ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess the s&s is more designed to accommodate a stock crank build. Still glad I went with the Feuling for my Darkhorse crank build. Would not hesitate to run the s&s on and OEM crank build

1 - 13 of 13 Posts