4.425" bore
7.800" rods
B-3 Heads
Needs their 70mm t/body
Bassani has the only pipe now
black or granite finish
10.47 cr
.635 cams
Point it straight and let it eat.........:)
Scott

·
Registered
144 Posts
How much taller is it than stock. Looks like it just might be able to eat alright.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fitment for 2008-up touring chassis? Makes me think there is more room than say an 06 model for example or has S&S redesigned that twin to keep it near stock height. Could not find anything on their site.
Is this engine a parts only?
Mike

·
Retired citizen
23,663 Posts
Touring frame changes beginning in '08.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
What's the mpg? :ducking

:)

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
what's the mpg? if you have to ask that question it is not for you. I know - 146mph into a 10mph headwind, 3500' elevation, flat road surface, girlfriend on the back, light luggage, cruise control on = 11.2mpg

·
Registered
557 Posts
146 mph with cruise on????? My cruise control doesn't work at that speed, even if I could go that fast.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
what's the mpg? if you have to ask that question it is not for you. I know - 146mph into a 10mph headwind, 3500' elevation, flat road surface, girlfriend on the back, light luggage, cruise control on = 11.2mpg

If I'm on a touring bike (which is what this is all about) then I probably don't want to have to fill up every 50 miles so I find it to be a viable question.

Endangering myself is one thing but recklessly endangering another person's life is unacceptable in my book. If you somehow manage to make it through Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection and one day you have to explain to her family that the reason she is dead is because you wanted to go stupid fast down the highway with her on the back, then I hope they can forgive you. I pray you never have to do such a thing but maybe the harsh reality of what I just said will sink in to anybody reading this that wants to be a speed demon off the track and on public highways.

-Rohan

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The mpg post was a joke. I suppose not an obvious (or funny) one! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
ow those days are gone, I have not got a ticket in 18 years now, won't go over 55 if I am stuck riding after dark - shoulda put a smiley face after that last post or something - don't want to encourage the kids to do something stupid or irresponsible. keep those wives and girlfriends happy and safe - remember happy wife = happy life. ray

·
Registered
144 Posts
Back when we got our S&S carbed 124" powered RK built and dialed in out of curiosity checked it got 33mpg. The R&R carbed 155" RK gets 31 mpg again just to know otherwise could give a hoot. The Thrill factor is worth every cent the fuel costs besides we do not have a choice.

Always enjoy hearing about these big guns more enthusiasts should have the chance to grab a handful with one of these thumpers between the knees.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have injected 124"ers that clients have reported back to us that they are north of 50 mpg, under normal riding conditions.:)
Scott

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
We have injected 124"ers that clients have reported back to us that they are north of 50 mpg, under normal riding conditions.:)
Scott
Those big motors dont need to work very hard at normal cruising speeds. I think that that is why they can potentially get good mileage if you are easy on the throttle. I would not worry about the mileage nearly as much as I would worry about the rear tire. I could see myself smoking the rear tire 1st thru 3rd gear a lot and hoping to get 3000 to 4000 miles out of a tire.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Funny when you own a bike with one of these big engines the rear tire is another one of those things you don't concern yourself with too much since premature wear is a given.

One of the biggest concerns I have especially the way I ride is brakes that work. No ABS just years of using both ends knowing how to handle panic situations.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When the VE is way up, most any engine will have very good fuel economy.
I'd bet a 140/85/16 rear, would be worthless in the lower gears with that 144.
I believe that Shinko has a tire for that power, but won't last at all.
Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts