Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in hearing what people think as far as which is a better performance carb and why?

·
Registered
39,541 Posts
Hmm, I guess it would depend on what you mean by performance. I see a lot more S&S carbs on the 1/4...

Personally I have run both. S&S Super E (with a Thunderjet) on an Evo, currently running a 45mm flatslide Mikuni on my TC. The S&S seemed to be a little easier to get tuned in, but the Mikuni seems to have a little more adjustability. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my carb

I have a s&s carb on my bike. I love the power off the line. They have a tendency to hesitate from idle, but they have a fix for that and its a davinci jet kit. After the jet kit I LOVE IT!!!!! Fast..Fast..Fast........

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have ran both S&S and Mikuni. When I got the mikuni dialed in it was incredible. Most amazing performance gain I have ever experianced. It took me awhile to get it right, but well worth it. The secret is in the needle. I went to the leaner needle, lowered it one notch from the middle and that was it. 17.5 intermediate, 160 main and the accelerator pump almost turned off. No detonation, no hesitation, 50 mpg max with a 44 mpg average on an 06 street glide (10-1 pistons, 150 cfm heads, S&S 510 cams, SE ignition & free flow exhaust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts