Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Looking for advice. I live in Sacramento, CA; we have a group of people traveling to Boulder CO in June. I've been through these area's a few times so I am looking to spice up the trip. Anyone have advice, even if it makes the trip a little longer for must ride areas or places to visit? The trip as scheduled Sacramento to Alturas CA -> Boise -> Salt Lake City -> Cheyenne -> Denver -> Grand Junction, CO -> Ely, NV -> Reno, NV -> Sacramento

Its the long way by design, 10 days. Anything that is a must do, exceptional ride in these areas would be appreciated. We do have 300-400 mile days so we do need to move along at a casual but brisk pace so I can't afford a 200 mile trip taking us in the complete opposite direction.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
vanlente... Can help you from Salt Lake to Denver. Avoid if possible the I-80 to I-25 drone with trucks and traffic.

From Salt Lake City go to Heber City just on the other side of the Wasatch Range, and from there take Highway 40 almost all the way to Denver (It empties onto I-70 about 30 minutes west of Denver). It is a very nice ride...

From Salt Lake to Denver via 40 - Google Map

On the return, if you have the time, go through southern Colorado and southern Utah then up to Salt Lake and home. You mention anything that is a must do. This is a must do. The southern Rocky Mountain passes of Colorado leading to the canyons of southern Utah are in the minds of many, the finest two wheeled roads anywhere in the world. It would look something like this:

From Denver to Salt Lake City via Passes and National Monuments - Google Map

1 - 2 of 2 Posts