Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a very bad experience with FedEx. I purchased some very nice looking Corbin Saddelbags on E-bay. Custom painted, and perfect for my bike, which already have grey flames on the tank. Unfortunately, I had to trust FedEx Cairo delivery service, and that I will never do again. In fact, I couldn't beleive that a huge international company like FedEx, would ignore the problem like they did. I lost $ 320 on that deal, and I'm still without saddelbags.
My saddelbags arrived OK to Cairo, but hereafter everything went wrong. The FedEx delivery guy picked it up in Cairo Airport, but instead of delivering it in a FedEx vehicle, he put the boxes on the roof of an old Cairo cab.
On the way to me, they lost one of the boxes on the road. Another vechicle run over the box, and destroyed it. The box and the saddelbag was destroyed. To hide what has happened, the FedEx delivery guy then put the destroyed saddelbag into another box, and taped it.
When he came to me with the two boxes, he was very busy leaving again, and getting me to pay the custom/tax - $ 320.
Afterwards, I understand why. I should have opened both boxes, while he was still available. I learned my lesson! I trusted FedEx as a serious company, but got very dissapointed.
I naturally made a claim, and asked for two new saddelbags, just black painted. Could'nt ask them for the same custom paint, so I would be satisfied with the black painted.
NO WAY! They didn't want to give me new saddelbags. They even said, that only one was destroyed???? Imagine my frustration!!!
After long and very difficult discussions with FedEx, they finally decided to re-imburse me the cost of the purchase and airfreight, but not the Custom/tax. I got so tired of all these discussions, so I finally accepted their re-imbursement. They probably knew that I would get tired, after several month's, and accept.

I am still without saddelbags, and it will cost me more than the doubble to purchase brand new corbin bags.

Do anybody have suggestions of some good brand of fiber saddelbags, which fits on a FXDWG 2006?
Maybe something that fist perfect with the shape of the rear fender!

I will be happy to get some suggestions of different manufactorer, that make saddelbags for my bike, or eventually second hand custom painted. But never to be delivered by FedEx.

Attached some pictures of my destroyed saddelbag.

Regards
Flemse

Attachments

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Flemse... Man, this is sad. Don't have much to offer but condolences. I do believe mishandled shipping is most often an exception rather than rule. I'd try to find bags you really like again, maybe eBay is still a source for you, and request a different shipper. Maybe this will work.

Perhaps a search on Google would help you find other manufacturers of hard bags. Maybe connect with Corbin directly?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
txhawg.... Thanks for the link, but I don't see any saddelbags yet. My bike is a 2006 model, and still way to go before the different manufacturer have everything for that. Anyway, it's a very useful link!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sfarson.... Thanks for your condolences! It is warming! A few days ago, I delivered the saddelbags to a company which are manufacturing fiber boats. They say that they can repair it. In my eyes, it looks impossible, but I give it a try. Only problem after, will be to find somebody, who can make a good custom paint job. I don't beleive anybody here in Egypt can do it. The HOG members here used an Australien guy before, with rather good skills in that, but we can't find him anymore. He probably left the country. I will then just get them painted black.
In fact, there are a very good possibillity to make business in spareparts, chrome and engineering HD bikes here in Egypt. There are nobody really good in that right now!
If the fiber company comes out with a good result, i'll send you a picture.
Regards
Flemse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts