Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the liners in the saddle bags on the Ultra Classic come standard, or are they optional? A buddy of mine just got the Ultra and he got the bags for nothing. I just didn't know if it was standard equipment or an option. I sent my buddy to the same dealership after I bought my Streetglide but I didn't get the same deal after buying a bike AND sending a referral. I know he spent about $7k more than me (and that probebly accounts for it), but was just curious. Thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
When you say your buddy got his bags "for nothing", I take it you mean they came with the bike? Such is the Ultra, and I made sure they came with my bike as I checked the standard and options list on the HD website while shopping.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, that's what I was trying to figure out. Are the liners standard for the Ultra or are they an option? I've seen option lists where they are listed as an option. I was just trying to figure out whether they are standard before I go back to the dealership and run my mouth. Thanks.

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
Should come WITH the Ultra. Bought my 08 Ultra this past December and the salesman pointed out all the standard gear that comes with the Ultra... headset, etc.. and the bags come with the bike.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I rode with my buddy this past weekend and when he showed me his bike and all he got, I just wondered if maybe I got shorted. But that makes sense. Actually, at $45, it's probably one of the cheapest things you can get from Harley. Sure makes it easy to remove your stuff when you need to drop it off at the shop. Thanks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The liners are standard with the Ultra. They are optional with the Classic and the Standard. (I used to sell Harleys, so I know this for a fact.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep,
Picked up an 09 Ultra yesterday and it comes with the tour pack and saddle bag liners standard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my 09 ultra also came with a tool kit, head set and liners

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch, traveller. As it turns out, I purchased a pair yesterday and love them. I packed everything that was in my saddlebags into both of the liners. Now, if I need to bring it to the shop in an emergency, just pull them out and I'm good to go. And at around $45 for the pair, it's one of the cheapest things Harley sells.....including T-shirts.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Glad I could help! I had a pair of liners for my Heritage and loved 'em! Made taking your gear out of the bags when you got to where you were going so much easier, not to mention making PACKING easier!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, Traveller, it's funny. When I first heard of the bags from the Dealer, I was like, "this is another scam to make money." But WOW, I put them in the other day and it IS so much easier. Now when I have service or an unexpected problem with the bike, I can just pull them out and go. I actually like it as one of the best extras I have on my list. But I do that sometimes. I just got a car with remote start (which I said I would NEVER do) and now I wouldn't get a car without one. Ride safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts