Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked what seems everywhere, is it even possible to put saddle bags on a low rider? The only thing I can really find on it is I'm thinking I'd have to move my turn signals. Help please, need advise.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36,998 Posts
Are you wanting hard bags, or rigid mount bags. Or do you want leather throw over bags?

·
Registered
36,998 Posts
Shouldn't need to do a signal relocate on your bike for throw over bags.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Don't know if these are available where you are but some of these do not require turn signal replacement. The "click" system means that you can secure the mounting pad under the seat so you best of both throw-over and detachable. With the padlocks they're secure too.

HELD Motorcycle Luggage

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did more looking and think I finally figured out out.I'm seeing now I was just misreading information. Thanks for the help, I'll post back after I get these babies installed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did more digging and found that the hardware that you put on the bike itself, to keep the bags of the wheel, comes with a turn signal mod when you do a fit to model. This enables you to move the signals back, as on the fxdl low rider the shocks get in the way normally. Problem solved!

·
American Patriot
173 Posts
I put these Tourmaster leather throw over bags on with the braces to keep them away from the wheels, I did have to relocate the turn signals to the license plate bracket tho.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used a great looking laydown kit from Great Bike gear to relocated my TSs. Won't hurt to look.
As for bags, you should check-out FoxCreek leather.
I used EZ brackets on my bags since I rarely need them on.

·
Registered
36,998 Posts
I used a great looking laydown kit from Great Bike gear to relocated my TSs. Won't hurt to look.
As for bags, you should check-out FoxCreek leather.
I used EZ brackets on my bags since I rarely need them on.
Same here, except I didn't relocate my signals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it correct to assume that a good boot of modifications that will work for the fxd "should"work with the fxdl, being as same bike with minor differences

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is it correct to assume that a good boot of modifications that will work for the fxd "should"work with the fxdl, being as same bike with minor differences
Most likely. So far as I know, it is an FXD with an unlaiden ride height of just under 26". Mechanically, the FXDL should be the same as an FXD. I confess, however, that I am not anything akin to an expert, so take my reply for what it is worth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts