Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to install this in my saddlebag to charge my GalaxyS4 while on trips. The instructions for the "Y" connector say not to use while operating. What do you guys think? Kind of worthless if I can't. Here's the info.

You can see on the last page of the "Y" adapter info the paragraph that I have marked.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Should work, I installed a USB jack that plugs into a tender lead. The phone charging cord is long enough to reach a little magnetic phone bag on the tank if I want navigation.

Attachments

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I think what HD is referring to is the device you might be plugging in, not the connector itself. I read it as a disclaimer so you can't go back to the MoCo and claim your GPS went south because of the connector.. thats all.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it was talking about the device I want plugged in. Thanks Gold. Another fella chimed in on another forum and stated that MoCo was more than likely referring to a spinning type hard drive, not solid state. That makes more sense.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
It specifies against plugging in items that have a hard drive. Only applies to 1st generation iPods. The vibrations from the bike will rattle the drive to death. All modern devices use solid state memory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts