Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mountain Rider
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding the saddlebag guard bags to my 2014 SG but not sure how it will look. The lines on this bike are great and I don't want to mess up the sleek look. I kinda already have to some extent by adding the chrome saddlebag guards but I felt i needed to. Planning a long trip this year and I feel I need all the storage I can get. What say you guys... anyone else have these bags on a SG?? Pictures? Here is what they look like off the bike...

Saddlebag Guard Bag, Left Side-93300063 | Decorative & Protective Accents | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Your opinion is appreciated, thanks.

:biker:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have one on my Electra Glide. They are handy, but mine has a tendency to ride inwards and rub the paint off my side cover. I put double thickness of duct tape where it rubs when I use it.
As far as looks, if i even notice it, it looks ok.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have them on both of my FLHTCUI's and use them every time I take a trip . The larger one works to hold my tools and flat fix kit, the smaller one/ water bottle holds the days easy to eat road treats . :)

·
Mountain Rider
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, you have helped me decide... I will get them and use them for the trip and will probably just leave them on all the time. I had them on my RK before I got the SG and I was always filling them up with little stuff. The pics from 2010HDUltra helped me to decide too. Thanks again.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you prefer you could always have them powder coated. I know a lot of people don't want chrome all over and black may blend in with your paint job better.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Little early in the morning for ya AZ?
Open the link in the first post. Had me fooled until I did that.

·
Registered
617 Posts
early? no I just didn't look at the link. I work night shifts ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any of you lads have an issue with them unsnapping ?

I just installed them on my 17 road king special, and the single snaps won't hold.

I cant imagine what vibration and road bumps will do.

Considering drilling out the single snap sides and installing , bolt, nut & washers.

Has the quality maybe degraded here in 2018.........

I have Zero confidence that these things won't fall off and dump my shite all over the road..

Thanks...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Not a bad idea. You could use a small 4mm machine screw and a nylok. Won't have to be super tight to be secure and unlikely to work itself off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Any of you lads have an issue with them unsnapping ?

I just installed them on my 17 road king special, and the single snaps won't hold.

I cant imagine what vibration and road bumps will do.

Considering drilling out the single snap sides and installing , bolt, nut & washers.

Has the quality maybe degraded here in 2018.........

I have Zero confidence that these things won't fall off and dump my shite all over the road..

Thanks...
i have had mine on my 2010 ultra since fall of 09 when i bought it and now on my 13 limited since the day I got her and never once had one come un snapped, unless i was washing the bike and trying to clean behind it and once in a while it will n snap. but not an issue after 8 1/2 years

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,469 Posts
Just picked up a set of these bags from a friend who didn't need them anymor3e. Put them on the bike and not sure if I like them or not. Already had stuff stashed in the hard bags, so will have to give them some time before I make the call to keep them or pass them on to someone else.

·
Mountain Rider
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't use mine anymore. If I am going on a long trip I will bring the out but so far... just a 4 day trip coming up this summer and they will stay in the garage. Just don't like the look when they are not functionally necessary.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts