Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to know which ones are the best bang for the buck and do they go for $550 a pair or each? what to do for a windshield too any advice would be welcome; plan on going for ciggarette runs to PA because they're almost 10 bucks a pack here! thank god i don't smoke, but sure don't mind going for a ride to acquire them smokies for the wife/brother and who ever else may want them,tried to get them to quit but they just don't want to, "hey everyone needs an out" right? who am i to question whether it has to be a healty one or not. TYIA

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
Damm, $10 a pack? And here I am flipping out over $5 a pack!

What kind of saddlebags you looking for? I got some leather bags from Fox Creek Leather that I like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
something that looks nice and sleek,not easy to steal but easy to remove (if there is such a thing) portable somewhat. not too much money was looking at the 88306-07 from harley.Seems a little expensive if for one but if sold as a set it's not too bad. as far as windshield don't have a clue other than detachable, is wider better?

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
Have a look here http://www.foxcreekleather.com/saddlebags.phtml

I got the large straight saddlebags for my NightTrain, and used the medium sized EZ Brackets so I wouldn't have to do the turnsignal relocate. About as secure as youre gonna get with leather saddlebags I'm afraid. Locks and unlocks from the mounting posts with a key.

Side view of bags

View showing the mounting brackets

Heres what it looks like after the bags are removed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you looked at the HD quick detach bags? I have an 09 Fatty and looked at the quick detach bags. Nice. But, also looked at a windsheild as well. Started looking at it and by the time I puto on bags, lights, shield.....might as well look at the Heritage or Road King. Still debating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was told by a HD dealer that the detachable saddlebag kit from HD has got some problems, and it could come off at anytime during the ride , anyone here experienced this ?

I've got the fatboy saddle bags with fixed kit and dun like it fixed there, am looking for a detachable kit, I also have a detachable back rest to mounts to the saddle bad mounts.

Cherrios

·
The Northern Redneck
7,170 Posts
You can go with leather ones, (just sold a very nice pair to a bud for $200, were $600 new)...they were the large capacity HD units...You can also go to a hardbag conversion for a fist full of $$$ as I did....I bought a Bagger conversion kit from a company in San Diego, CA that sets you up for the removeable hard bags like on a dresser...( complete conversion cost me around 2 K with match paint, etc....and I installed a full fender and had everything painted black pearl to match my scoot...I've seen a Fatboy with this setup and it looked good...but the leather is a lot less pricey.... Look on Craigslist.net in your area for good used stuff as you can haggle with people on price too...also here is the hard bag site..... http://www.cyclevisions.com/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for the feedback right now Im gonna lock in the set from fox leather creek, Im gonna get the fatboy bags with the quick release attachment assembly all for under 500 smackaroos not bad and they even offer free shipping on purchases over $100. So being that i still got that note to pay i'll opt for these, they offered pic's of the bike with the bags (which i thought was pretty cool) sort of a see before you buy. And made in the USA what more could you ask for? without paying a fortune anyway.

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
Cool, you'll have to post up a review once you get them. I think you'll like them, I know I like mine! :thumb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts