Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Going on a ride this weekend and I want to buy some throw over saddlebags for my dyna. I heard one parts guy say I need spacers to keep them off moving parts and allow a better tie down. Haven't heard that anywhere else. Any help?

P.s. I'm just looking for soft throw over bags. Nothing permanent, rigid, or bracket with quick disconnect.

Thanks for reading

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
930 Posts
I believe its all dependent on what bags u get. Alot of bags that have kits either with or sold separately usually come with everything u need to mount them up. The quality of the kits will determine if it needs anything extra but just go with a respected dealer and look up reviews and u should be good to go. Also if u are just looking for storage space you can also mount a trunk bag to the passenger seat. This will also give u a backrest that will be great to have on the lang hauls. I have a sissybar on my dyna so I just slide the bag over the bar but saddlemans for instance, uses a good strapping feature with some of there trunk bags that allow u to mount them without the sissybar. Heres a pic of my set up:
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1368844741.016912.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I've got throw overs on my FXDC mounted under the seat and they have never rubbed on anything. The shocks and tail lights keep them in place.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am checking out the Saddlmens bags now.. I bought a set that was made for a sissy bar from a motorcycle show. But I am thinking I don't want to spend the $600 on the quick detach sissy bar setup and just buy something that will go over the back seat.

Anyone have any experience with Saddlemens bags like this?

SEAT, TAIL & TUNNEL BAGS - saddlemen.com

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I got one for Christmas but haven't done more than sit it on the bike. It seems very well made and doesn't look to bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts