Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband wants to put some bags on the bike that are big enough to fit a half helmet and some rain gear for each of us. The problem is that we don't want to relocate the rear turn signals. The bike is a 2003 Sportster XLC1200 Custom. We have been looking at bags but not sure what ones will work. According to our nearest HD dealer, we have to relocate the turn signals even if we go with the HD Sportster bags. The dealer also told us that those bags have been discontinued. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Don't know if you can find any that won't require the light relocate but a good place to start would be
DennisKirk.com
Or
JPcycles.com

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Don't know if you can find any that won't require the light relocate but a good place to start would be
DennisKirk.com
Or
JPcycles.com

+Leatherup

·
Registered
270 Posts
I went through this exact dilemma. It killed me to relocate the turn signals cuz I loved the look of them where they were. for a while I tried some throw overs that kind of rested against the shocks. they were starting to scratch the paint so I thought better of that option real quick!

at the end of the day the relocation kit was the best thing to do. The only problem is tht the Harley relo kit looks like HELL in my opinion. Unfortunately there's limited options out there for sportys. so I went for this one, after A LOT of searching.
EasyBrackets Complete Turn Signal Relocation Kit- Harley Davidson Sportster/ Softail Models (02 and newer)

except I got the black one which went a lil better w my bike.

Now for the bags I went w Viking Bags, cuz those look far better than HD ones, discontinued or not! they will also definitely fit your half... depending on which one you choose. oh and did mention they will be 1/3 the price??? :)

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I have some bags that will fit used them on my 08 sporty, don't know if you could get all that gear in them. Looking to sell

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
I have some bags that will fit used them on my 08 sporty, don't know if you could get all that gear in them. Looking to sell
Do you haves pictures and a price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I will checkout those sites and let you know what we ended up doing.

Jenn

·
Registered
844 Posts
I moved the signal lights back on mine and had hard Viking Bags installed. They are good and the cost was not too bad. Probably a lot of throw over bags would work without moving the signal lights. Good luck with this project.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Also try Jafrum.com
They sell really cheap bags that look really good. But in a laydown they will rip apart. I have a set and like them. I also Sealed the seams so the threads don't dry rot in this south Texas 100 degree heat. On the right side I carry Tire Plug kit and small air compressor and two 20 oz. camping fuel bottles of gas for emergencies. Left side I carry rain gear. What you might want to do is look at the Saddleman tail bag. I also have that and it matches the bags perfectly. I can carry a half helmet and rain gear tightly rolled up in it. It comes with straps like throw over bags and sits on the seat and also has a backrest built in. I love mine with lots of pockets. I probably should change the picture on the left to show the complete set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts