Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone on here knows where this is going, but sometimes we all need to be reminded of safety. Like I used to tell the folks that took my defensive driving course in the Army, safety doesn't just start when you get behind the wheel. Safety should be on your mind everyday, in all aspects of your daily activities. The following link is a reminder that accidents can happen to anyone at anytime. The road the deputy and his wife died on is the same road I and the club I was riding was on during a poker run Saturday.

http://www.thestate.com/2013/06/20/2827342/lexington-man-and-woman-killed.html

Be safe out there folks, see you next trip

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Try'n to behave
5,854 Posts
Sad! Left two children behind too.

Just goes to show that stupidity (cagers) can rear it's ugly head anywhere and anytime. I wonder though, what is the likelyhood of a cell phone being involved?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I've done a lot of dumb crap in a car in my life, and I know I might be setting myself up to get slammed by some fine or other, but they really need to stiffen the penalties for careless driving that hurts someone else - whether you are drunk or sober.

People don't seem to have a clue how dangerous driving really is.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Driving while suspended? He should get 20 years for involentary manslaughter.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
May SGT and and Mrs Eldada rest in peace...

Hate to read these, it is a sobering reminder to us all to keep an eye peeled for any potential dangers all the time. You'll never eliminate all of them, but you certainly increase your chances of making it through. I never really wanted to go through the defensive MC driving courses that the Army forced me to attend, until about the third year, then I looked forward to them every year knowing that you can never gain too much knowledge.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
R.I.P.

Be safe out there people. Its the idiots we have to watch out for. That's the same thing that happened to dad back in August. Woman ran out of the rd and over corrected and hit him head on.

Be cautious and pay attention is the best we can do.

·
Banned
482 Posts
You can do the best you can to stay alive but when it's your time it's your time.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts