Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What advice do you have for those who ride solo to help ensure their personal safety on the road?

I posted this next door and want to know what we think.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Be aware of your surroundings.
Use common sense.
Make sure you have emergency contact info somewhere on your person.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Make sure somebody know your route and planned arrival time(s).

I do a lot of solo riding and almost always let someone know where I am going and when I will be back.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i do the same i have my cell phone with me at all times as well with ICE numbers in so it makes it easy in case some one needs to call.. i also wear a dog tag..ANY time i am riding with my name .. blood type and emergency contact name and number on them

·
Brett Crane
28 Posts
Carry a phone and never stare straight ahead while riding! Always survey everything around planning your way out or at least thinking of what "could" happen. And with all that happening, relax! You ride tense and your reaction time is going to suck or your going to react to something you shouldn't therefore causing an accident.

ENJOY THE RIDE! That's why we got'em!

·
Registered
19 Posts
All the above advice is excellent. I will add that servicing your bike early is a good idea also. Then ride it locally frequently for a "shake down" to see if anything falls off or functions incorrectly.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Louder than normal pipes. Not crazy loud but I noticed I get cut off less on the bike then I do in the cage. The low sweet tone of Harleys will make it thru closed windows other than that enjoy the total freedom that solo riding brings.

·
1,074 Posts
With the cell phone item, keep it on you, not in a bag on the bike. When I hit a deer I was thrown from the bike, good to have it in my jacket pocket so I was able to call 911.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts