Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCAM ON EBAY !!!! I'm the owner of the bike and not this Joker trying to sell in it Ebay! It has been reported, I can not believe this low life!

So I'm looking around Ebay this am and I see my bike for sale
2012 Road King Classic Hot White Pearl Loaded w Ext | eBay

Its my bike but I'm not the seller. this Ebay ad is a scam I have contacted them and they are talking action, also I see that this joker has other listings for my bike another scam ad here: http://www.vehicles-classifieds.com/...483795433.html

This bike is mine and I live in Chicago not Jonesboro, Ga and my phone is not (508) 474-9425 please pass this on!!

This is my bike:
2012 Road King Classic w/ Extended Warranty till 2018. Winter Price $17350 FIRM Its located in Chicago IL!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
wow, scary

·
Registered
326 Posts
Scumbags...that's a massachusetts phone number also...
Oh, are you flexible on the price...LOL, only kidding...
That's why I avoid fleabay like the plague...I would rather pay a couple bucks extra and deal with a legitimate reputable vendor who takes credit cards...worst happens, I can easily dispute it with the credit card company...
A pox on their privates...NLOL...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow! I don't see a VIN in the listing, nor do I see a shot of the back of the bike with the license plate. That would tell me to stay away for sure! I guess you have to watch EVERYTHING today :-( People suck sometimes!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the there was a photo of the vin on the downtube in the ad. I do not mind posting photos of the vin and listing it in the ad. Remember I do have things that the scammer would not, such a a listed phone number, proof of residence and all necessary paperwork for the bike.

Again this bike is for sale and its located in Chicago.

I asked Ebay to call me back or email me to let me know what they were going to do, I see that they finally killed the ad (I hope) so far I have heard nothing.....

URL:
2012 Road King Classic w/ Extended Warranty till 2018. Winter Price $17350 FIRM

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xTlDO8_b4

Wow! I don't see a VIN in the listing, nor do I see a shot of the back of the bike with the license plate. That would tell me to stay away for sure! I guess you have to watch EVERYTHING today :-( People suck sometimes!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure I could take a Pay Pal deposit w/ a persons card but they would have to pay there service charge......

What a waste of time w/ jerkoff's like this...

Scumbags...that's a massachusetts phone number also...
Oh, are you flexible on the price...LOL, only kidding...
That's why I avoid fleabay like the plague...I would rather pay a couple bucks extra and deal with a legitimate reputable vendor who takes credit cards...worst happens, I can easily dispute it with the credit card company...
A pox on their privates...NLOL...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don'n understand what that has anything to do with being a safe seller. Remember your the only one with the actual vin card to the plate. The only other folks that could run it is the law and that is another story ;-)

Damn I gotta stop posting pics of my bike with the plate

·
Registered
336 Posts
Actually the there was a photo of the vin on the downtube in the ad. I do not mind posting photos of the vin and listing it in the ad. Remember I do have things that the scammer would not, such a a listed phone number, proof of residence and all necessary paperwork for the bike.

Again this bike is for sale and its located in Chicago.

I asked Ebay to call me back or email me to let me know what they were going to do, I see that they finally killed the ad (I hope) so far I have heard nothing.....

URL:
2012 Road King Classic w/ Extended Warranty till 2018. Winter Price $17350 FIRM

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xTlDO8_b4
Didn't think the whole vin showed?, anyway, the add IS down now. That really sucks man!:mad

·
Registered
803 Posts
SCAM ON EBAY !!!! I'm the owner of the bike and not this Joker trying to sell in it Ebay! It has been reported, I can not believe this low life!

So I'm looking around Ebay this am and I see my bike for sale
2012 Road King Classic Hot White Pearl Loaded w Ext | eBay

Its my bike but I'm not the seller. this Ebay ad is a scam I have contacted them and they are talking action, also I see that this joker has other listings for my bike another scam ad here: http://www.vehicles-classifieds.com/...483795433.html

This bike is mine and I live in Chicago not Jonesboro, Ga and my phone is not (508) 474-9425 please pass this on!!

This is my bike:
2012 Road King Classic w/ Extended Warranty till 2018. Winter Price $17350 FIRM Its located in Chicago IL!
I'm on both E-bay and craigslist all the time looking for deals, and I see scams ever single day. Craigslist is flooded with scams a lot more then E-bay since it is not monitored as well, but I have also seen some on E-bay. Since it is your bike, in your possession, with you holding the title, you have nothing to worry about.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Remember guys, they can't sell the bike without THE BIKE. Make sure you touch it before you pay.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
When I bought my king on cycle trader, I wasn't able to see it first. So I used an online escrow service. Only cost about $100 and was worth it for the piece of mind. Once the bike arrived I had three days to either dispute the sale or release the payment.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,449 Posts
I agree with Chief. No touchey-seeey, no buyee.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know I would of hated to have someone get ripped off and it was just a stroke of luck I saw the ad! I could not sleep so I went on the Ebay to see what was going on when I came across my bike. WOW that was a shocker.

Just a warning when doing anything always ask to see stuff like utility bills, insurance , title , records (anything with the name , vin and address on it) Also its always worth checking if the person has a listed phone number with sites like whitepages.

In IL you can run the vin at least to see if the plate matches the vin and if the bike had been a repo, damaged or stolen.

http://www.ilsos.gov/regstatus/

Also you could always finance used private party bikes through HD where you will have zero issues as they handle it all.

I have purchased bikes from all over the USA in the past years and never had a issue but these days its getting pretty bad.

Thanks all.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
When I bought my king on cycle trader, I wasn't able to see it first. So I used an online escrow service. Only cost about $100 and was worth it for the piece of mind. Once the bike arrived I had three days to either dispute the sale or release the payment.

Nice service for when you CAN'T touch it. Didn't realize there was such a thing. :thumb

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know I was worried that somebody would get taken then try to get back to myself for some reason. Also now that this has happened I feel any prospective buyers would have a double take on my legit listings???

Lost of sick fuxx's out there!

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Some one needs a visit with a Louieville Slugger :spank:

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts