Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may possibly head that way after sturgis on the 2nd of August for a couple days. Any suggestions on camping? Possibly Cody the first night as a launching pad into the park. Looking for a spot either in or out of the park, no dirt roads, relatively cheap and maybe something with a general store nearby. I'll be on my SG so what's in my bags is all I'll have, small tent and two sleeping bags. Thanks for any pointers!

SPL

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Cody is a good spot to visit...especially the museum if you like old guns. Never tried camping out that way because we have a condo we always use in Big Sky (local doc lets us use it). There is camping available inside of Yellowstone, but you have to get a permit meaning you have to call ahead and reserve a spot.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Last time I was out that way, there was a campground just outside the east entrance. No problems with bikes. In fact one biker had his motor apart in his tent, and sent his gf to Billings for parts. Also there is a creek or river that runs by it. Perfect spot to lay in the rocks and let the water hit you. Just like a jacuzzi. Felt great after riding the second day out of Sturgis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts