Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 HD Sportster, I love the bike for the most part; but I have a question; both my front brake and back brake are squeaking at every stop sign and or light. I have washed them several times and have taken it into the shop and asked that they fix the problem, which they haven't. I bought the bike with 2 miles on it (new) and again taken it in three times for them to fix the problem. They told me that there is nothing that they can do, they have even said that they called the corporate office and they said there is no fix. So I guess my question is should I drive my ((Squeaky)) bike or should I tell them that I have been patient and they need to reimburse me some how for it not sounding the way that a Harley should sound; every time that I drive it and have over the last two years. This is my only mode of transportation.

·
Registered
42,143 Posts
You need to bed your brake pads by braking real hard.
They may have gotten glazed due to contaminants (road grime, water deposits etc) getting cooked onto the pads.

When you washed them, did you use brake cleaner or water?

If that doesn't help, you'll need new pads (aftermarket).

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I have a 2014 HD Sportster, I love the bike for the most part; but I have a question; both my front brake and back brake are squeaking at every stop sign and or light. I have washed them several times and have taken it into the shop and asked that they fix the problem, which they haven't. I bought the bike with 2 miles on it (new) and again taken it in three times for them to fix the problem. They told me that there is nothing that they can do, they have even said that they called the corporate office and they said there is no fix. So I guess my question is should I drive my ((Squeaky)) bike or should I tell them that I have been patient and they need to reimburse me some how for it not sounding the way that a Harley should sound; every time that I drive it and have over the last two years. This is my only mode of transportation.

Priorities...

Have you tried changing the pads?

-Rohan

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
American
28,686 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
welcome to the forum
brake hard a few times on the back roads not locking the tire but the brake see if that helps
then change pads if not

·
Poser Member # 99
18,141 Posts
I think Dave 63 Had a sticky on that and how to resurface the rotors to get it to quit Squeaking . Go to the Forum tab at the top of the Page and look around their a lot of good info up there .

Welcome to the Forum

:devil

·
Indian Larry
9,197 Posts
Maybe you should get rid of it and get a bigger bike. The extra weight will help keep the brake pads "worn in".

·
luv the low country
20,312 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts