Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pull I'm scratching the hell out of my tanks from my chaps rubbing them. I've seen some bikes with what looks like a clear film the tank where it meets the seat. This is on my 09 FLHX. I bought the tank bra but it looks like it will do harm than good so I returned it. Any clues where to find this or some other ideas would be appreciated.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
:pull I'm scratching the hell out of my tanks from my chaps rubbing them. I've seen some bikes with what looks like a clear film the tank where it meets the seat. This is on my 09 FLHX. I bought the tank bra but it looks like it will do harm than good so I returned it. Any clues where to find this or some other ideas would be appreciated.
I went to walmart and bought some plastic film that sticks to auto windows. it's tinted but my belt buckle doesn't scatch the tank and it comes off when I want it to it's dosen't use glue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like to keep my bike clean at the do-it-yourself coin-op, and spray Turtle wax a couple times a year, but if I had to worry about it being perfect it would take the fun out of it. But I guess keeping it perfect is part of the fun for some.

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I'll start looking when I get back home this weekend.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Large sheepskin seat cover that partially covers the tank and keeps you warm works well for me.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
you could also get some neoprene and sew it onto the parts of your chaps that rub your bike if you didnt want anything on your bike

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to pass on that this is a great product and very easy to use. I just ordered my second length of this stuff because I gave the rest that I had to friends and they love it. I've got it under my seat because I switch seat when the wife rides her seat leaves scuff marks on the fender when removed, on the side covers so her boots don't scratch
and the tank were it meets the seat. Just some FYI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts