Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point is a bike considered worthy of the Screamin' Eagle logo?

Stage 1?
Cams?
Stage 2?

Or only for CVO bikes?

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
When you mount the logo on your bike then it is ready grasshopper.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I'm not sure your bike will ever be a "screaming eagle" unless you buy a cvo... it may have screaming eagle upgrades... but that will never make it a cvo... jmho please correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm not sure your bike will ever be a "screaming eagle" unless you buy a cvo... it may have screaming eagle upgrades... but that will never make it a cvo... jmho please correct me if I'm wrong
What about the 'baggers' with the 'Screamin' Eagle' paint jobs on them? I honestly was not aware that it had to be a CVO.

I guess since mine's a 'Lowly Dyna' it's just a 'Screamin' SOB'... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
What about the 'baggers' with the 'Screamin' Eagle' paint jobs on them? I honestly was not aware that it had to be a CVO.

Well, one thing is For Certain...It's a GOOD LOOKIN' SOB!

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

That's funny.
Your bike looks great and is a good example of my question. You have more on that bike than a CVO.
Could it be labeled a Screamin' Eagle?

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does a Screamin' Eagle have to be a CVO? :what?

·
Registered
257 Posts
My bike has the Screaming Eagle trim ring on the air cleaner, hard to see in pic. It was updated to a stage III by the previous owner so I don't know if he put it on or the dealer did when they did the work??

Attachments

Reactions: Myblue2

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's funny.
Your bike looks great and is a good example of my question. You have more on that bike than a CVO.
Could it be labeled a Screamin' Eagle?
Thank you... Honestly, I don't know what it would be labeled, and more honestly??? I don't care... lol I built it the way I wanted it.

If it didn't sound like an all out drag bike, it could be considered a 'sleeper'....:cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes it does. Just talked with the GM of my local dealer who I know real well, and originally, A 'Screamin' Eagle' was a CVO that was hand built by a team in the CVO Dept. of Harley. They were available in different 'performance stages'.

My bike, as it is not a CVO, is not considered a 'Screamin' Eagle' which I could really care less about. My guess is it becomes a lot about 'status' than anything else. And status doesn't make a bike any faster... lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
AND...To prevent anyone from creating their own CVO 'knockoff', you can't even buy parts for a CVO without either sending the old CVO parts back to Harley first, OR sending photo verification along with documentation from your dealer. By and large, it's all about the dollar, for Harley, MUCH TO ALL OF OUR SURPRISE..... lmao

·
Registered
803 Posts
No, you can turn any bike into a Screamin Eagle. Harley has Screamin eagle exhaust, heads, cams, air cleaners, tuners, and many other performance parts. If your pockets are deep Harley has the performance parts for you. You can not turn a standard harley into a CVO because of the model and serial numbers. However you can clone a bike to look and perform just like a CVO, but you would have twice the amount invested then if you were to buy a CVO from the start. To give a good example my 2006 CVO ultra classic not only comes the larger Sceamin eagle motor, custom paint, and extra chrome, it also has stainless brake and throttle lines, hydraulic clutch, heavier duty brake system, oil cooler, heated seat and hand grips, upgraded stereo with amp, heavier duty drive belt, upgraded wheels and tires, garage door opener, security system, electrical wires run inside the handlebars,up graded head light, and several other features I'm forgetting at the moment.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Had a 69 pontiac lemans, put a high performance 455 and a four speed and a posi rear end with 411 gears. Also GTO hood, interior and other GTO parts

Clone !!

Just as fast and just as fun and still sold it for a decent price! Know what I'm sayin?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts