Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic at my home dealer, has just about convinced me to doing this kit. It comes with 10.5/1 forged Pistons, and 585 cams. Installed, the price will run me about $1,600. His dyno sheets, on prior builds, shows 100+ hp, and 121+ tq. Anyone have any experience with this setup? I already have the STP. He also wants me to buy the adjustable pushrods and S&S lifters( I think lifters). This will put me right at $2000. The kicker is, I have an extended warranty. The dealer said he will back his work, and will honor the warranty, if needed. I saw the power band on his dyno sheet. It basically mirrors my power band I have now, but at a higher rate. The kit comes with perfect fit pushrods, and I would just use my stock lifters. The sales manager and the mechanic both say if I don't do the extra parts, I'll be back later, to have it fixed. I actually trust these guys. Is there a better way to spend $2000?
:feedback:

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
Look up Scott at Hillside Cycles.

He is also a member here and is excellent at helping members with advise in this arena.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent him a PM, a few days ago. He must be busy. I'm starting to reconsider. I like the Fuel Moto setup. But there goes any chance at all, of retaining any resemblance of my warranty.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Unless you have a real need for more HP & T , why not wait until it's time to freshen up the top end to do that kit . :wink

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
I sent him a PM, a few days ago. He must be busy. I'm starting to reconsider. I like the Fuel Moto setup. But there goes any chance at all, of retaining any resemblance of my warranty.

Look him up on the net or Facebook.
Just call the shop.

Hillside Cycle Ny

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I'm here.
Just give us a holler @ 315-495-6650, M-F, 8-5, EST.
Happy to discuss your wants/needs.
All of OUR work stays in-house.
Scott

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well they are giving you good advice on going with the S&S lifters over the S&E, seems like an indication that they are fairly legit.
There are several Stage III kits, which one is it?

If I was going the SE parts/Dealer route (not first choice for performance but only choice for warranty) then I'd be guinea pig on the new 110" drop in kits.
Part Number 92500035 Cylinders/Pistons 110" Cam 585, a HD Clutch .. MSRP $1800

On another site a dyno was just posted up with a 110", SE585 cams, slight shaving of the heads and a little cleanup of ports, FuelMoto Jackpot exhaust and it did 115HP/125TQ. So it seems that your dealers plan is doable.

Hillside has an excellent reputation and they can certainly meet/beat the power/quality but you probably have a good bit of warranty time left ... Guess it boils down to how much that is worth to you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am considering the stage 3 for my 110, I am undecided at this point. I do think the head work is important though. I would like to hear from some folks that have had the Stage 3 SE done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts