Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wide glide with the 103, SE super tuner, heavy breather, big radius pipes. Looking at getting the SE 211 cams, just wanting to know if anyone else with the 103 has had them installed and what sort of before and after they got. Cheers

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Not saying your 211 cams are good or bad, but if it was me, I would check out some S&S, Woods or Andrew cams also before making the final decision. A couple of forum members here like Scott at Hillside Cycle or Kirby at Vee Twin racing would probably have some good suggestions.

·
Registered
527 Posts
had 96" with woods tw555, SE heavy breather, TTS tuner(with a can map) and rinehart true duals. was making 89.5 HP and 100 ft lbs tq.
and the cams are on here for sale if interested

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have spoken to dealer and a few other people about the 211 matched up with the 103 motor and everyone says they go very well together, getting them in next week so I'll keep you posted.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Have spoken to dealer and a few other people about the 211 matched up with the 103 motor and everyone says they go very well together, getting them in next week so I'll keep you posted.
All the dealers will tell you that the Harley cams will work well with your combination, because that is what they sell. I would still investigate the other options first or like I said contace Scott or Kirby. They can tell you what to expect and narrow down your options. JMO

·
Registered
140 Posts
HD SE cams are EPA compliant and they are not the best cam for your bike.
I use a Woods TW222 in my FLTR and it works well in the heavier touring style bikes.
With your bike a Woods TW555 or a cam with similar specs is a real good choice.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
You can also go to the Woods Cams website and look at the dyno sheets. It will show you the final HP output and torque curve's of different cams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts