Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the SE Pro Stage IV kit build. It was done by me and my mechanic, both experienced mechs. Went together very nicely.

Downloaded the SEPST map for the build components. First time using the SEPST. Went to start, heard the fuel pump pressure up, hit the ignition, turns over smoothly, no bang.

I have battery, spark, and fuel. Plugs as not fouling. Timing dots all line up. Fuses all look good. Has anyone had issues with the downloads? We as baffled... We even disassembled and reassembled to make sure everything was by the book.

Thoughts are welcome.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Any codes?
I just changed out the engine on mine and downloaded and installed the new map.
Mine started but ran like chit.
Checked the codes and the MAP sensor was not connected securely.
You problem sounds like it could be as simple as that.:nod

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. First time working with the SEPST. Not quite sure where to locate the codes. I will see if I can find any info in the quick tips.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you sure the fuel line is 100% inserted into the tank pressure QD? You stated you have Fuel.. is that due to the fact you heard the pump run? disconnect the line and re attach it.
If all of that goes well try reloading the map you are dealing with a SEST no out of the question to have a half azz down load go into the ecm. Just delt with that yesterday after noon. Bike was tuning great re loaded last map and it would not start. reload again all is well with the world :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts