Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of Screaming Eagle Street Canons #64900340 for my 17 Fat Boy

Thanks, Randy

·
old scoot coot
4,578 Posts
I'm looking for a pair of Screaming Eagle Street Canons #64900340 for my 17 Fat Boy

Thanks, Randy
they are very quiet. i have a set on my 14 limited. i got the bike when it had 2 thousand miles on it they were good looking cans but way too quiet. i stripped em out inside completely and installed a stealth big sucker and tuner. i now have 95 thousand on the bike and they sound and look great. i did they same with my 17 limited. i used stock cans, cut the ends off and fabbed up stainless extensions with rolled edges on the straight cut ends. looks just like the street cannons. the stock cans look fugly and are way too quiet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are very quiet. i have a set on my 14 limited. i got the bike when it had 2 thousand miles on it they were good looking cans but way too quiet. i stripped em out inside completely and installed a stealth big sucker and tuner. i now have 95 thousand on the bike and they sound and look great. i did they same with my 17 limited. i used stock cans, cut the ends off and fabbed up stainless extensions with rolled edges on the straight cut ends. looks just like the street cannons. the stock cans look fugly and are way too quiet.
Thanks for the info. I seem to be running "contrary to ordinary" and want to muzzle the dragon a bit. I have a pair of Cobra slip ons and after an hour or two they are just too much louder than I am wanting.
Thanks, Randy

·
old scoot coot
4,578 Posts
Thanks for the info. I seem to be running "contrary to ordinary" and want to muzzle the dragon a bit. I have a pair of Cobra slip ons and after an hour or two they are just too much louder than I am wanting.
Thanks, Randy
ahh, the cannons may be a great fit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
HI Just gonna jump in here and say I've got a 92 heritage softail and I run straight pipes on it
I love the sound and I bark them off most every chance I get. Here in Arizona the cops won't bother you
unless you're really being an #sshole .

·
old scoot coot
4,578 Posts
HI Just gonna jump in here and say I've got a 92 heritage softail and I run straight pipes on it
I love the sound and I bark them off most every chance I get. Here in Arizona the cops won't bother you
unless you're really being an #sshole .
i like em to sound like a harley too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously sound and volume are individual preferences otherwise we would all have the exact same thing. I really like the low rumble of a Harley like thunder in the distance, not so much when it's on top of you. I remember when I was just a bit younger, I bought a Porsche and changed the muffler to a burnt out glass pack, roared around and made a bunch of noise. I thought it was cool until I over heard a "snobby" Porsche owner at a rally make the statement that nobody likes a raucous Porsche. It took me a while to figure out what he meant and that I had lost a bit of the cool factor. I still really like the cool factor that has people turning their heads to look and say, wow, nice car or bike, not holy s--t that's loud. That made an impression on me which has carried over to my Harley. They all, loud or soft, sound like Harleys, just at different tone and volume.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a set of street cannons. I don't know what the model number is but they were purchased for an 18 cvo roadglide. A friend sold them to me. they are black with defiance end caps. I'm not using them, let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doubt they will fit. The Road Glide has two pipes, one on each side and my Fat Boy has one above the other on the same side. Probably the brackets are totaly different.
Thanks though, Randy

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a set of Street Cannons that were on my 2017 Harley Heritage Softail when I bought it used. I am not sure if they would fit the Fat Boy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a set of Street Cannons that were on my 2017 Harley Heritage Softail when I bought it used. I am not sure if they would fit the Fat Boy.
The pictures I found showed the Heritage with the mufflers one in front of the other low on the right side. The Fat Boy has them one over the top of the other also on the right side but in the rear. Probably the mounting brackets would not work??????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know if you're still looking but I have a set that fit my 2020 Low Rider, not sure if compatible.
Thanks Brick, I couldn’t find any and broke down and bought a new set. About a week later a complete Supertrapp system came up on Craigs list for $300. They looked like brand new so I bought them too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts