Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I look for a cover that will be made for transportation, nest year I will travel with it but into the box of my pickup because I also bring my travel trailer.

Now witch cove will be made for that without broke or scratch the paint or the bike with the wind! I will also use the same cover in the garage!

Any idea for me?

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
LEFTY : There is no such animal. ANY cover will destroy your paint. NEVER EVER COVER YOUR BIKE! I used to paint bikes and had a lot of repairs because of that. DON"T do it. You can wash you Bike when you get to the end of your travels. Just wax it all before you leave. It will be easier to clean when you arrive ! :biker:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes this our plan for the futur but our travel trailer only had 1 year, so in 4 years we will go for this option our a fifth wheel with a garage!

But between that time I don't want to broke our damage my paint when it will be on the box of the pick up!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
As stated, trailering a covered bike is a bad idea, for the reasons stated. Wax it, and go. Sheets are a cheap alternative for a winter cover, and breathe well.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I could almost understand wanting to cover it on a flat trailer because your own truck could throw stuff. (I've never covered mine when trailered though.)

But in the bed of the truck there is less chance of things hitting it than there is driving the bike down the road.

·
Registered
751 Posts
How the heck do you get them in our out of the back of the truck? I've seen a few in backs of trucks, but unless you can back the truck up to something I can't see getting it back out. I have a 2014 F150, and the bed is really high. If using a ramp it would have to be really long not to scrape. Plus I couldn't imagine trying to back it off.

·
Wayward Son
23,320 Posts
How the heck do you get them in our out of the back of the truck? I've seen a few in backs of trucks, but unless you can back the truck up to something I can't see getting it back out. I have a 2014 F150, and the bed is really high. If using a ramp it would have to be really long not to scrape. Plus I couldn't imagine trying to back it off.
Ramp length depends on how many Friends are there to help.
A hill helps too.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Drop the tailgate, back into the bar ditch until the tailgate almost hits the other side, drive on in. Unload in reverse order . :thumbsup

:coffee:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts