Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just had my new flhtk 2014 and look to change my original exhaust! In the future I probably to the stage 4 modification but not yet!

I also want to have the best sound for this bike but at the same time not to loud!

What is your recommendation? For now I will go with the screaming eagle street performance slip on!

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with American custom exhaust 200 exchanged if you keep you original mufflers it'll cost an extra 75 I also went with the mild rumble baffle to tune it done

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rineharts with Jackpot header pipes.Sound is right where I like it. Can hear the radio well but if you get on it, it's a beast of a sound.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Oregon lefty how bout an intro and a pic or two of the ride? :nod

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Lefty; Realize that muffler opinions may not have any accuracy for you.
I have a pair of Rush slip ons with the smallest (quiet) brand new baffles they offer. I can't stand how loud they are. I have read many posts that guys have Rush slip on's with the largest (loudest) baffles and they are too quiet for the owner. Then you get into the tone of the muffler. Best thing is to go to some bike gatherings and listen to lots of different ones.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Muffler Fitment:1995-2014

All same.

Sound: That's on you.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a 14 flhtk I put on "Full Boar"slip ons with the mid range baffle. For me they are perfect. But like previous posts you need to hear several and make your own decision. Good luck, ride safe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the answer

What about the screaming eagle?

Also do I need to replace the headers our this can wait few mounts?

Thanks again I will go to see each one on the net to see what is exactly a lot of them a new for me.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I wouldn't bother with SE slipons, only slightly better than stock.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Thanks for the answer

What about the screaming eagle?

Also do I need to replace the headers our this can wait few mounts?

Thanks again I will go to see each one on the net to see what is exactly a lot of them a new for me.
I agree with HDSickness about the SE mufflers.
You can wait to do the headers but if you are going to do the mufflers anyway, why not just do it all at the same time? Getting rid of the stock pipe will get rid of the cat converter and let your bike run cooler. You may want to get the tune flashed to compensate for the changes though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you don't replace the head pipes, or at least de-cat them, nothing you use will give you your monies worth. I paid $125 for de-catted headers and used my 4 in Rinehart slip ons. Sounds as good as any!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, if I need to change also the headers, witch one do you recommend me? I look the V&H Power dual black! Is it a good idea or any other and why?

Again my project when my bike will be paid is to upgrade it to stage 4, so the modif I begin to put on it need to fallow this idea and not needed to change it again when I do the move to stage 4!

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Lots of good header pipes out there. I like the Jackpot header I have from Fuel Moto pretty good. The benefit is that the headers are guaranteed for life from corrosion or defects.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Ok, if I need to change also the headers, witch one do you recommend me? I look the V&H Power dual black! Is it a good idea or any other and why?

Again my project when my bike will be paid is to upgrade it to stage 4, so the modif I begin to put on it need to fallow this idea and not needed to change it again when I do the move to stage 4!
The slim line dual from Rinehart!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
So, do most all exhaust replacements (true duals, eliminate cats, etc.) require addtional tuning?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts