Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the search for several different terms but came up with nothin. Question, will the stock solo seat from a 2010 883 iron fit on my 2008 883 custom? Reason I ask is I can't try it out first it's a used seat online. Thanks.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
I tried the search for several different terms but came up with nothin. Question, will the stock solo seat from a 2010 883 iron fit on my 2008 883 custom? Reason I ask is I can't try it out first it's a used seat online. Thanks.
I would check the web site for the manufacturer of the seat you are thinking of. Select your bike for the part # and for the other bike it fits. Keep in mind the size of the gas tank also. There are 3 different tanks for both years. A Mustang part # is the same for both if the gas tank is the same for some not all seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes I forgot about the different tank sizes! It's a genuine harley seat. But my custom has the 4.5 gal tank. I'll try the harley website to see what I can find

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The 3.5 gal seat will not fit the 4.5 gal bike. The 4.5 gal will fit the 3. gal.

You would need to trim the front of the seat to clear the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts