Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that makes a solo seat for tall riders? That's my first choice but if impossible, I would go with any seat to put me back a few inches . The stock seat is crap. I have a 14 Street Glide.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I have a solo custom brawler for sale in the classified. It moves you WAY back. I did not find it real comfortable but I am 6'4" and it moved me back significantly.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
The HD police solo seat is another option. I have one on my 2012 RKC and like it very much. The police seat does sit up higher than the frame, so there is a little daylight beneath the seat, but I think is looks more like the retro FL models of the 50's and 60's. Then again, maybe retro styling isn't your thing. I dunno.

Another thing to consider is relocating the floor boards out 1", or perhaps forward & out 1" in each direction. This will allow your legs to extend further and not promote leg fatigue or hip cramps.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Ultimate Seats. I think they're a sponsor here.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a 2014 Ultra with a Harley tall boy seat. I am 6'3'' it help a lot. I also have a softbrake brake pedal that moved my brake out an inch and over an inch. It is the most comfortable combination I ever imagined.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
It's not a solo seat, but Harley's Hammock seat will raise you up. And it's incredibly comfortable. I'm 6'6" and ride a '12 Street Glide.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
It's not a solo seat, but Harley's Hammock seat will raise you up. And it's incredibly comfortable. I'm 6'6" and ride a '12 Street Glide.

And by "raise you up," Andy means you will actually sit a bit higher off the ground.

Whether it not it will give you wood depends on many variables. YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts