Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm hardly Nubile.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this new in the box Harley seat and I have no idea what it fits. It has the same pattern as my 79 Superglide, but it is not for those frames.

It has a four bolt front and a single tab bolt in the rear.

Here's some photos, thank you in advance for information figuring this out.

Sincerely,

Erika

Attachments

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
No one ever looks in the "Classics" section. I don't think there are enough old bikes here.
I can't help with your seat, but welcome to the forum and post some pics of your Shovelhead in this thread.

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Looks like 70's ironhead sportster. Try posting on the sportster thread.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
The front bolt holes are for mounting the tab that slips into the frame.
The rear bolt holes are for the bracket that bolts to the fender. There's many subtle differences between Harley seats through the years and models.

·
I'm hardly Nubile.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, thank you for the responses. I also thought it was for a Sportster and sold it on eBay only to get it returned twice. My parts guy thinks it might be for a 92 later touring bike, and the four bolt holes are for a multifit scenario.

It would really be nice if someone really knew the seat, and even had a part number. I may have to take it to my parts guy and when he gets a bike through try it on, HAHAHA. I'd rather sell it this week.

Thanks Erika

·
I'm hardly Nubile.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like 70's ironhead sportster. Try posting on the sportster thread.
You nailed it. I was looking through my archives and found a Harley Davidson brochure and Motor clothes and parts catalog from 1979.

In looking through the parts section I found the seat. It's a 1978 and older Ironhead Sportster Low Touring Seat #52065-78.

So Now I can list it. Thanks everybody I'm glad I was able to confirm your supposition Fritz...

Sincerely,

Erika von T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts