Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize with the shape of the bike that what I am about to ask is almost physically impossible, but is there a seat out there that would move me back about 1 1/2 - 2" on the bike. Don't care if I lose the pillion pad since I am about to take it off anyway.

Problem is, I have had 3 back surgeries, yet I find myself sitting way back on the seat...so much so that the pillion pad presses into my lower back exactly where I had the surgery. I am kind of afraid that when I do take the pad off to relieve the pressure , I'll find myself sitting on the top of the seat back.

Just seems that both the controls and the bars are too close.

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked up the Tall Boy...seems it is for a touring model only. Wibler, I did see a lower seat in the HD catalog.

Looks like what I suspected..the shape of the bike is the key. May have to try a solo springer seat. At least I could move back easily since they are pretty flat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Harley demo seats

What about lowering the seat. Is there any way to lower the seat on a Heritage Softail?

Wib
When I bought my Heritage, I had a seat installed that dropped down about 1" and pushed forward about 2". Your local Harley dealer should have a demo seat that they can put on your Heritage to see if it works for you. It only takes about 5 minutes to swap out with your OEM seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts