Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting a Mustang 2 up seat on my 2011 Heritage Classic. Will the seat make both me and my wife happy? Is it a big difference between a Mustang and a stock seat? We are tired of our butt's hurting!

·
Banned
71 Posts
Thinking of putting a Mustang 2 up seat on my 2011 Heritage Classic. Will the seat make both me and my wife happy? Is it a big difference between a Mustang and a stock seat? We are tired of our butt's hurting!
I've heard nothing but good things about Mustang seats . :thumb

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I have a Mustang Wide touring on my Electra Glide and really like it.
Most reports are favorable, but there is no one thing that satisfies everyone. Only your butt's will know.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A gel packed seat likes butts...or should I say butts like gel pack. believe it or not pour blood circulation causes that, some last longer then others on distance, proper diet and exercise will cure some of that also...I know call me crazy:grin

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put the wide touring seat with backrest and passenger seat on my 2015 Heritage. Its like night & day from the stock seats. No rider back fatigue and my wife loves her wide 14" seat. She use to want to stop for a rest but rarely does now at all. You will love them!

·
Older Than Dirt
47 Posts
Fine quality and super comfortable for driver & passenger.
If you go for it you might as well get "The Wide Touring with/adjustable, removable
driver backrest" (REAL comfort!). If you do, the passenger pillion will be recessed to allow for
the driver backrest. Mustang part#79485 for drivers seat w/backrest,
and Mustang part #79486 for the matching pillion.
Driver seat is 17 1/2" wide.
Cost for this 3-piece setup is about $750 (+shipping?).
IMO, your Best option!!
Ride Safe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. Do you know the part numbers you bought for the Mustang seats and backrest? Was it 79485 and 79486? If so, that setup would be about $750. Yikes. Is it really worth that?

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Paid under $700.00 for both the Mustang Rider & Passenger seat with backrest from J&P Cycles. Mustang direct was higher and also a 2 month wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the Mustang seat push the rider forward at all? I'm 6'1" with long legs and the stock seat has me forward a bit too much for my comfort. Can't afford to be pushed forward any more.

·
luv the low country
20,288 Posts
Ya,PH, got tired of the sore butt after only 100 miles out on a ride, so I swapped out to a Mustang seat. Could not be happier, love it, can ride from sun rise to sun set with no problem.

However, I wish I'd purchased the single seat with the separate rider pillion , as most of my riding is just me, very little two up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts