Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5’5” with a 30” inseam and would like to get some recommendations for a seat I just purchased a 2009 Road King FLHR. Although I replaced the stock seat with the HD Badlander, my feet are not flat on the ground and it is not very comfortable for long rides.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking about lowering the bike, but want a comfortable seat first.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I had my stock seat cut down and narrowed with a gel pad inserted then the lowering kit when I had my 05 RK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try the Ultimate seat

You might take a look at the Ultimate Seats website. They make a great seat in different heights. Des is a great guy to work with, I have had two of his seats on other bikes and nothing more comfortable in my opinion.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might take a look at the Ultimate Seats website. They make a great seat in different heights. Des is a great guy to work with, I have had two of his seats on other bikes and nothing more comfortable in my opinion.
Thanks. I will check out the website.

Jeff

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am 6 foot even.It lowered me a little but it moved me forward abunch. I wanted to move forward so that I could use the end of my floorboards and not have that knee on tank feeling. The wife loves the sundowner when we are two up.Hope this helps

·
Registered
102 Posts
Jeffdag. I have been looking into purchasing a solo seat and corbin seems to be the way to go. I had a mustang but most of the guys i ride with are all about the corbins.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an '09 SG... just bought a Mustang solo w/back rest and a perch for the wife ,made huge difference in our ride. looked at others but ended up going with the Mustang

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an '09 SG... just bought a Mustang solo w/back rest and a perch for the wife ,made huge difference in our ride. looked at others but ended up going with the Mustang
I liked the mustage seat and talked to them. Their seat did not lower the rider position.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am looking into the Corbin and sundowner seats. Both look good and will lower the rider.

Thanks to all!

Jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your right It didn’t lower me down actually its about the same height but much more comfy, had Corbin’s on my Hayabusa you have to wear them in there a little stiff but after awhile your fanny will finally find comfort in the mean time kind of hard . My opinion only

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only reason I didnt go with the sundowner seat was the way the front of the seat came up the tank , it seemed like it rises to far up it, did't care for the look , but it was comphy personally not as the mustang but i understand the flat foot concern I'm also have a 30" inseam....lol

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only reason I didnt go with the sundowner seat was the way the front of the seat came up the tank , it seemed like it rises to far up it, did't care for the look , but it was comphy personally not as the mustang but i understand the flat foot concern I'm also have a 30" inseam....lol
How tall are you and are your feet flat on the ground?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm probly 5 9" and not qwight flat footed on the ground , but I tell you the truth I'm to sure that I wouldnt want any less cushion in the seat I dont know how comfy it woud be in long hauls ,ya know , maybe I'm wrong about this ,but the sundowner is probly going to be your best bet it dose sit you down a inch or a little more and foward also , I just didnt like how it rides up yhe tank so far .......my prefrence though .

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm probly 5 9" and not qwight flat footed on the ground , but I tell you the truth I'm to sure that I wouldnt want any less cushion in the seat I dont know how comfy it woud be in long hauls ,ya know , maybe I'm wrong about this ,but the sundowner is probly going to be your best bet it dose sit you down a inch or a little more and foward also , I just didnt like how it rides up yhe tank so far .......my prefrence though .
My current seat, the Badlander is low, but needs more padding. I road a little over 150 miles last weekend and my lower back and butt were sore. Part of it is just getting used to the new bike and riding position, but I know I need more padding.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts