Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a SE air cleaner this weekend on my 2014 Limited. May need to lift the rear of the tank to get to the induction module support bracket bolts. Looking in the owners manual it talks of how to remove the rear seat but it does not mention anything about the Tour Pack. Can the seat be removed without removing the Tour Pack? Looks like it will be a tight squeeze moving the seat rearward to clear the front mounting tab without the Tour Pack getting in the way. Seeking experience and wisdom.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Just remove rear seat screw. The seat comes out pretty easy

·
Banned
71 Posts
Installing a SE air cleaner this weekend on my 2014 Limited. May need to lift the rear of the tank to get to the induction module support bracket bolts. Looking in the owners manual it talks of how to remove the rear seat but it does not mention anything about the Tour Pack. Can the seat be removed without removing the Tour Pack? Looks like it will be a tight squeeze moving the seat rearward to clear the front mounting tab without the Tour Pack getting in the way. Seeking experience and wisdom.
1) Remove screw.
2) Pull up back of seat being careful to not scratch tourpac .
3) After clearing tourpac ( lid open ), pull seat backwards to remove.
4) Install in reverse order .

:biker:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It's easier to get to the rear seat screw if you lift the tourpak lid.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the hints...especially lifting the lid. I was concerned about the tang and how it might interfere with the tour pack.. Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you take your time and use the correct tools is is unnecessary to lift the tank...just pull the seat...did it on my '14 Ultra and no problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sweet! I have an assortment of tools to work with but if you can remember what you used to get to those bolts behind the air cleaner backing plate? It would save me the trial and much error. Can you recall your magic formula?

·
CRSO
344 Posts
Hmmm...I've slept at least once since then...if memory serves I think I used the correct socket/bit with a wobble head socket extension...Harbor Freight :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it done pretty quickly Saturday am. Sometimes I have a bad habit of over-thinking some things. Once I dove in it went quickly and did not have to lift the tank. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts