Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FXSTI
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any recommendations for a new seat? I have an 03 FXSTI, still riding with the crappy old stock seat (my bike is mostly stock still). I rode it the other day and my tail hurt, should've done this a while back.
I am looking at the Mustang seats, but are Harley seats comfortable? It's weird, you ask some guys and they do not like Harley parts at all, some won't buy anything else. I may just ride the bike into the local Harley dealership and maybe sit on a bike with a different seat.

·
But working on it...
53 Posts
While I ride a FLHR the best change I made was stock seat to Mustang. Great product, great customer service and awesome comfort.

·
FXSTI
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So no one taking up for the Harley seats? I almost thought about riding it into Harley to see what they have, and what would fit.
JP cycles has Mustang seats that say will fit my FXSTI... I might just order one of them, they look really nice.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Mustang seats are excellent. I have one on my Ultra. I would not go back to stock.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I'm running a Harley hammock seat and love it... you can go to your local Harley dealer and try them on a demo basis... give it a shot it's nice to be able to try it before you buy it

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
do yourself a favor and call Mustang direct. They are awesome and will help you out.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Have the Harley tall boy with back rest on my road glide hack the mustang seat with back rest on my 2007 wide glide that I have ridden all over mustang all the way

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Like MQUALITY said - Go to the dealer. They will have a half dozen on the wall to try out. You can try all of them in an afternoon to help you decide.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check local seat guys in your area. You would be surprised what they can do to make a stock seat better and you will be there to get it fit just for you. Ask at your local custom bike shops if you have any for a seat guy. My guy actually owns a boat upholstery shop and does bike seats on the side. Also Jim Mayer in CA does custom seats by the customer size and weight.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ditto for the Mustang, would NOT ride on anything else. As for J&P Cycle, just type in year, make, model and they will show you what fits your specific bike. I have used them a lot. Great prices, service, and fast shipping.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have the Harley Sundowner on a 2006 Fatboy. I sent it to Mean City Cycles for some customization this winter. Had them move it bit forward and down, add the memory foam. Road to NC and back (about 900 miles) earlier this spring and my butt was happy the whole way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put 980 mile on a 84 Electra glide in one day and mustang is the only way to go. I had no pain. I have a hd cop seat on my 01 Yamaha nice but not as good as the mustang.

·
Fatboy2011
309 Posts
Anybody got any recommendations for a new seat? I have an 03 FXSTI, still riding with the crappy old stock seat (my bike is mostly stock still). I rode it the other day and my tail hurt, should've done this a while back.
I am looking at the Mustang seats, but are Harley seats comfortable? It's weird, you ask some guys and they do not like Harley parts at all, some won't buy anything else. I may just ride the bike into the local Harley dealership and maybe sit on a bike with a different seat.
Replaced my new Fatboy 2011 stock seats to Mustang with back rest . what a difference. would not think even to switch back

1 - 15 of 15 Posts