Harley Davidson Forums banner

741 - 760 of 836 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
Apparently MS does not have any "pre emption" statute/law that prohibits any city/municipality/town/any government body/whoever from enacting their own rules regarding guns & ammo. Many states do have pre emption, time for MS citizens to get on their state legislators.
I believe that they do.

Mississippi has state preemption of many but not all firearm laws. No county or municipality may adopt any ordinance that restricts or requires the possession, transportation, sale, transfer or ownership of firearms or ammunition or their components. However, local governments may regulate the discharge of firearms, the carrying of firearms at a public park or public meeting, or the use of firearms in cases of insurrection, riots and natural disasters.[17] Some counties have adopted Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions.[18]

*emphasis added

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
Site won't let me edit, but I hope that that mayor gets his ass handed to him in a court of law and maybe it will cost him some money...to bad it won't be out of his personal wallet.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,373 Posts
It figures that this a-hole would be in Jackson. Not likely to make any difference up there.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
Maybe he is thinking that since it was an order that it is not classified as an ordinance, but I would think that the courts (as well as the people) would disagree.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,373 Posts
Trust me, the gang bangers that constitute a large part of Jackson's population don't give a good feces about any order to not carry. Business as usual, you can bet on it.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,780 Posts
Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, the name says it all. Sounds like he straight out of Zimbabwe or Uganda.

I am from Mississippi. I know what the racial makeup is. The coloreds their had last names like Johnson and Pickens when I was growing up. First names like John and Calvin. And we all got along fine.

When I see the made up names, or the African Continent names, I can almost guarantee they are a race baiting POS that wants something for nothing.

·
Registered
22,458 Posts
Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, the name says it all. Sounds like he straight out of Zimbabwe or Uganda.

I am from Mississippi. I know what the racial makeup is. The coloreds their had last names like Johnson and Pickens when I was growing up. First names like John and Calvin. And we all got along fine.

When I see the made up names, or the African Continent names, I can almost guarantee they are a race baiting POS that wants something for nothing.

Go look in the Baltimore thread in about 5 minutes.....

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,780 Posts
We got good news in Oklahoma yesterday. Gov. Stitt signed a bill that prohibits red flag laws.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,118 Posts

"This Court would almost certainly review the constitutionality of a law requiring citizens to establish a justifiable need before exercising their free speech rights. And it seems highly unlikely that the Court would allow a State to enforce a law requiring a woman to provide a justifiable need before seeking an abortion," Thomas wrote, in an opinion joined by Kavanaugh. "But today, faced with a petition challenging just such a restriction on citizens’ Second Amendment rights, the Court simply looks the other way."

Thomas doesn't just gripe the court wouldn't hear a case, he went way beyond, and stated that he would find for the citizen against the state in a carry rights case.

"Rather than prolonging our decade-long failure to protect the Second Amendment, I would grant this petition," he said.

Excellent.

·
Registered
39,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #753
Need to get the Hughes Amendment to the SC for repeal

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts

·
Noel
8,505 Posts
In this batch of refused cases was a case regarding our MAss AG's curtailment of purchasing NEW to Mass semi-automatic rifles you know the ones, the scary black ones.....

·
American
26,752 Posts
In this batch of refused cases was a case regarding our MAss AG's curtailment of purchasing NEW to Mass semi-automatic rifles you know the ones, the scary black ones.....
Noel, if you have a Desert Tan one is it as menacing?

·
Registered
39,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
Gun Sales Through the Roof!
According to the NSSF’s May report on NICS checks, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System processed about 1.6 million checks in May which is up 75% from last year. More checks were processed this May than have ever been processed in the month of May…Ever. As we’ve mentioned before, the number of NICS checks doesn’t precisely match the number of new guns. That said, NICS checks do correlate with sales and a jump like this means an astounding number of guns were sold with many going to first time gun buyers. We anticipate that once the numbers come in for June, we’ll see a similar year over year spike.
I don’t think we need to remind ya’ll how important it is to welcome these new shooters and teach them responsible gun handling in a kind and respectful manner. This represents a generational shift and without this influx of new shooters, we could potentially see sweeping bans in the next decade. Even with them, it’s still possible. So if you hear some scruffy looking nerf herder going all pedantic on a new gun owner over terminology, condescendingly explaining to a woman about how she’s too weak and dumb to handle anything but a .38 revolver, or otherwise just not being the best possible ambassador of our sport, step in and give a kind word. We’re going to need all of them to resist the authoritarian state enthusiasts.

·
Registered
39,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #758

·
Registered
39,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #759

Reactions: TaxmanHog
741 - 760 of 836 Posts