761 - 780 of 836 Posts

·
Registered
39,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #761

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,118 Posts
"June 2020 set another all-time background check record. The FBI NICS office ran 3,931,607 total background checks last month, breaking the previous record by nearly two-hundred-thousand checks.

The number of background checks run by the FBI has surpassed 3 million in a month four times. Three of those times have been this year. There have been 38% more checks in January through June of this year than during the same time period last year, and we have already hit 67% of the total number of checks run last year."

·
Former Lurker
2,826 Posts
Moved to NC 3 years ago. My MS Enhanced Carry Permit just expired in May. Been trying to get a new one here in NC. Made me take a full class w\ Range time; had a heck of a time getting a class due to Co-Vid and lots of folks trying to get permits. (Even though I had an enhanced carry from MS.) After finally getting a class, my county of residence said they were not processing permits due to Co-vid. Was able to get on a list to come in and START the process in mid-Sept. They said I should be able to have a permit by Dec. (6 Effin' Months??) I am feeling infringed!!
Other Counties ARE processing, just not mine. Some of the folks here say the Sheriff is a Dem and does not really think people should have them.
After calling around to see about who\how I couls start complaining about this to, (Governor, Senators etc.) I got a call for an appt. Aug 5 to start the process. Might have my permit in Oct.
This is a serious load of Horse $h!t. Like I said, I am feeling infringed. Deputy told me he has a 6 inch stack of purchase permit request on his desk, not sure how long it will take to let people buy a gun. Never heard of such a thing before.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Moved to NC 3 years ago. My MS Enhanced Carry Permit just expired in May. Been trying to get a new one here in NC. Made me take a full class w\ Range time; had a heck of a time getting a class due to Co-Vid and lots of folks trying to get permits. (Even though I had an enhanced carry from MS.) After finally getting a class, my county of residence said they were not processing permits due to Co-vid. Was able to get on a list to come in and START the process in mid-Sept. They said I should be able to have a permit by Dec. (6 Effin' Months??) I am feeling infringed!!
Other Counties ARE processing, just not mine. Some of the folks here say the Sheriff is a Dem and does not really think people should have them.
After calling around to see about who\how I couls start complaining about this to, (Governor, Senators etc.) I got a call for an appt. Aug 5 to start the process. Might have my permit in Oct.
This is a serious load of Horse $h!t. Like I said, I am feeling infringed. Deputy told me he has a 6 inch stack of purchase permit request on his desk, not sure how long it will take to let people buy a gun. Never heard of such a thing before.
Don't know if it would do any good or not, but in your situation I would be contacting my state legislators. I mean, even though the Sheriff dragging his feet was likely elected, he is still required to follow state laws without prejudice.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
That is a crock of shit! Just what "crime" is the investigation looking into? I hope a good attorney makes the individual pushing this BS nonsense pay dearly and PERSONALLY for infringement of 2nd Amendment rights, harassment, and any other charge a good attorney can think of. And I hope a good attorney also takes to task, and court, the appropriate city/county/state/whoever it was that refused to let or send the appropriate police to the couple's home during their scary ordeal.

·
Registered
22,458 Posts
That is a crock of shit! Just what "crime" is the investigation looking into? I hope a good attorney makes the individual pushing this BS nonsense pay dearly and PERSONALLY for infringement of 2nd Amendment rights, harassment, and any other charge a good attorney can think of. And I hope a good attorney also takes to task, and court, the appropriate city/county/state/whoever it was that refused to let or send the appropriate police to the couple's home during their scary ordeal.
This may explain it ......

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner Has a Long History of Outlandish Behavior and Dangerous Policies Before She Started Harassing the McCloskeys

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
This may explain it ......

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner Has a Long History of Outlandish Behavior and Dangerous Policies Before She Started Harassing the McCloskeys

The last sentence in the article sums it up: "What a train wreck."

·
Registered
39,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #773

·
Registered
22,458 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,373 Posts
I made a phone call yesterday to NRA. Got this guy on the line and I told him I was shocked that NRA hadn't leaped all over this issue....crickets was all there was. His response was that the two persons involved are both lawyers and have retained counsel and "had not asked NRA to intercede on their behalf". So I guess all that dues money was used to pay the mortgage note on that mansion of the NRA president? WTF?

Reactions: JTJ and Pred8er

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Well, that bitch attorney that Soros helped get hired in St. Louis did it. She filed FELONY charges against the couple who stood their ground with firearms when the mob of hundreds crashed their gates and trespassed and threatened their lives and their home. But, the MO Governor recently stated he would pardon them if they were convicted of anything.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,373 Posts
"I, along with my clients, support the First Amendment right of every citizen to have their voice and opinion heard. This right, however, must be balanced with the Second Amendment and Missouri law, which entitle each of us to protect our home and family from potential threats

This statement cracks me up considering the circumstances. 1st Amendment does NOT grant the mob permission to break down a gate or fence on privately owned or otherwise property hence a demonstrably NOT peaceful assembly notwithstanding the verbal threats and harassment from that mob. The governor should already have sent that idiot prosecutor up the highway, and those perfectly legal guns should never have been confiscated.
And for those I have not informed, when this hit the fan, I was on the horn with NRA. Was told both people are lawyers and have a lawyer representing them. None of said lawyers have contacted the NRA so they are staying out of this unless invited to join. NRA should be leaping all over this. Trying to determine what I will spend the money I won't spend on NRA dues this next cycle.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
"I, along with my clients, support the First Amendment right of every citizen to have their voice and opinion heard. This right, however, must be balanced with the Second Amendment and Missouri law, which entitle each of us to protect our home and family from potential threats

This statement cracks me up considering the circumstances. 1st Amendment does NOT grant the mob permission to break down a gate or fence on privately owned or otherwise property hence a demonstrably NOT peaceful assembly notwithstanding the verbal threats and harassment from that mob. The governor should already have sent that idiot prosecutor up the highway, and those perfectly legal guns should never have been confiscated.
And for those I have not informed, when this hit the fan, I was on the horn with NRA. Was told both people are lawyers and have a lawyer representing them. None of said lawyers have contacted the NRA so they are staying out of this unless invited to join. NRA should be leaping all over this. Trying to determine what I will spend the money I won't spend on NRA dues this next cycle.

kd, you echo my sentiments. I quit sending any money to NRA quite some time ago. I wish them well, but they get big bucks from some big guys and don't need or seem to appreciate the small amounts from us small fry. And long ago I talked to someone at NRA and got them to quit sending me literature on every scam that wants NRA membership lists to sell their products to SOME OF WHICH ain't worth the paper they are written on. I don't know the details but their insurance program for those who may use a gun in self defense was flawed from the getgo. Also, long ago my wife signed us up for the NRA sponsored cancer policy. Well I had, and still have, prostate cancer and the NRA policy didn't do shit. Hopefully the radiation treatments I'm currently taking daily (39 zappings) will finally resolve that issue.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,373 Posts
I now have to wonder if they will get their legally owned and legally produced in public against an obvious threat to themselves and their property returned to them in the same condition as they were illegally STOLEN from them by that idiot and ought to be removed from office prosecutor.

761 - 780 of 836 Posts