Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My security lights comes on while riding and I lose All Tail lights.. Has anyone seen this Problem? My Bike is a 2014 Streetglide with the Factory security system with the added sirene and Pager.:feedback:

·
Just Ride
3,255 Posts
It's new. Take it back under warranty. Stored codes, weak fob battery , wire grounding out are a few things that can cause your problem

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went to the Harley Dealer where I bought the bike but they were somewhat less than Helpfull. Now I must be fair they have a good out on fixing this issue. I bought a set of Headers from them A couple of months ago and had the SE race tuner installed at the same time. Then after it came off the dyno tuner we spent a frustrating couple of months trying ti figure out why the bike would stutter at 3000 rpm. After a month and twomore dyno tunes I happened to be picking up some vance and hines high flow slip ons at another dealer and I asked there Dyno guy about the problem, Since I was going to have to dyno it again with the new slipons I said screw it and had the other dealership do the Tune. The dyno guy called the next day and told me the stutter problem was becouse the first dealership had installed my 02 sensors incorrectly. So over the last two months I have spent 13 k at this other dealership doing the Engine and a ton of upgrades. Needless to say when they saw and heard the bike it was obvios I had been doing allot of buiseness at another dealer so they were inclined to tell me to take it back to the dealership thats been doing all my other work. I think that after my paint job was done and the Harley shop put all the painted parts back on my bike they connected something wrong or loose.The codes I am getting are ECM, BRM, And two fuel pump related codes. Since they reisntalled the fuel pump back into the tank during the renstall of the painted parts I am betting its a loose piched etc connection. I am dropping it off tomarrow night and all I can think is god please dont be the ECM that will suck becouse while its covered in the warrenty it will probably take them two weeks to install and retune.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2011 Electra Glide limited not a 2014 SG. But the problem you describe is caused by LED lights and a load equalizer not hooked up or failed. My understanding is the 2014 system (load equalizer) is built in. That's why you don't need to buy one. But the symptoms sound like that's it. Have also seen the simaluar issue when my bike can't connect to my key fob. JMO Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts