Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bike with one smart FOB. Is the cost to get a 2nd unit worth it? I did reset the PIN and can run the bike without it.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
That would be up to you whether or not it is worth it cost wise. I would be able to get along with only one if needed.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Id say personal preference. I only use one.key and one fob, im the only ome that rides it so. I just have the second set as a spare since they come with the bike.of you can use the pin in case then id aay wait til.you need to buy to get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I have two Fobs, but since I'm the only one that rides it I only use one. If I lost the Fob, I can always override the Fob.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I've never used the second fob. If my primary fob happens to die before I replace the battery, I just use the code until I get a new one.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If you know how to do the override, I don't see the point.

One of my buddies gave the second FOB to his wife, and she keeps in on her key ring. Whenever they go out, she will often have him lock her purse in the tour-pak. It only took them a year to realize that by doing that, because her keys were in her purse, the alarm was never arming!!

Although, I wll say that personally, I would buy the second one if only because it came with two. But, you can snatch them up used on ebay for a reasonable price.

One note, when you program the FOB, you have to program both at the same time.

·
Rookie for life
929 Posts
A riding buddy had his FOB battery die on a trip one day, and a glitch in the TSSM prevented him from using the override code. Luckily for us there was a Radio Shack less than a mile away. We were rolling again after the battery replacement, and the TSSM was later replaced.

My spare fob is hidden on my bike with the battery removed and taped up. Just in case. :thumbup:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have two with the bike but only use one. I have a spare battery in the tour-pak just in case the FOB battery dies. I do use the code once and a while to remember it and how to enter it. The spare battery is ready when I need it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only got one set from the dealer.. was i supposed to receive 2 ? .. or that he keeps a card in his play to "Save my life" one day !

·
Registered
38,946 Posts
I have the older button fob, and I only received one.

Although mine was added post purchase.

Never had the need for a second fob.

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
For those who may not be familar with the PIN overide, I posted this a few weeks backs...

Setting or Changing Your Security System Alarm Override PIN:

Button-less fobs (Smart FOB)

1. Select 5 digit code (each digit being a 1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owner’s manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

Using the Security Alarm PIN Override to Start Your Harley Davidson

1. Turn the IGN key to IGNITION and immediately hold both turn signal switches until 5 dashes appear in the odometer window.

2. Enter the first digit of your PIN (a) by pressing the left turn signal switch (a) times.

3. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

4. Enter the second digit of your PIN (b) by pressing the left turn signal switch (b) times.

5. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

6. Enter the third digit of your PIN (c) by pressing the left turn signal switch (c) times.

7. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

8. Enter the forth digit of your PIN (d) by pressing the left turn signal switch (d) times.

9. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

10. Enter the fifth digit of your PIN (e) by pressing the left turn signal switch (e) times.

11. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit.

12. Press the right turn signal switch one time and the security system alarm is turned off.

Push Button fobs

1. Select 5 digit code ( each digit being a 1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press button on fob twice
Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.
Press button on fob twice to enter number.

6. Enter second digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

7. Enter third digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

8. Enter forth digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

9. Enter fifth digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the desired number appears.

Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new security PIN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts