Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
azz kicker
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4" Extended Hardbags

am I missing something ? I've never done any research on extended bags but seems to be like a decent deal. I know their not ABS even so I offered a lesser price and "they" jump on it. I appreciate any and all advice/ comments.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Unknown maker. Might be a great deal, might be crap.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Doesn't say which way they were "extended" (depth vs length vs width). Will they utilize the standard hardware and support rails of a touring Harley? Do the bags provide the necessary clearances for the exhaust system? No lids shown in the ad so you may need to factor that into your offer.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,980 Posts
you might not want to get if the don't include lids.
what lid will fit it right and what hardware to attach or fasten
and mounting hardware . It would be a bi-tch if you had to spend a ton to finish installation and missing parts and hardware

My 2 cents I would pass check out EBay or some swap meets for complete bags and mounting Hardware

·
azz kicker
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all, i do have numerous lids that I've been collecting over the years. Maybe worth my while to bring a set or two over in the monrning to see if they fit. Not worried about exhaust. I like my drag pipes but could be happy with a turn down type or even the slash cut type that exit even before the bags. At 150 dollars I still feel a decent deal to flip if I had to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts