Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb, dumb,dumb........

I installed a chrome document holder on my 2014 CVO soft ail deluxe Friday night. Sunday took it out for a good ride, hit a major pothole. did not realize any damage had occurred until later that day. But it is SIGNIFICANT for sure. New fender will cost 1564.00 and take 4-6 weeks.

Live and learn, die and forget it all.....DAMNIT

I had just paid 839.00 plus the bars (285.00) on Friday to install my Wild1 Chubby ape hangers. Kinda bummed out right at the moment.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

before the bars installed

·
Wayward Son
23,371 Posts
Yep. That left a mark.
GF`s nephew picked a bad spot to mount a new horn. Did not ask, probably would not have listened anyways.
Big bump now = big dent in the front fender of his otherwise real clean 99 RK.
I`m not gonna let him live it down anytime soon. :D
yea.....I can be sort of mean in my old age.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Best to keep solid mounted accessories away from moving parts.

A gremlin bell mounted to the triple tree caused a nice dent in my front fender.

Good news is that the previous owner did it, not me.

Bad news is that I didn't notice it when I bought the bike.

$300 mistake.

·
Banned
71 Posts
dumb, dumb,dumb........

I installed a chrome document holder on my 2014 CVO soft ail deluxe Friday night. Sunday took it out for a good ride, hit a major pothole. did not realize any damage had occurred until later that day. But it is SIGNIFICANT for sure. New fender will cost 1564.00 and take 4-6 weeks.

Live and learn, die and forget it all.....DAMNIT

I had just paid 839.00 plus the bars (285.00) on Friday to install my Wild1 Chubby ape hangers. Kinda bummed out right at the moment.
A good bodyshop could fix that for you easy .

·
Learning Member
466 Posts
OH!

Condolences . . . 2014 CVO? . . . man, it hurts just typing that!

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Dam - That sucks. Looks like something I would do.

I will pray to the gods for a quick healing of your fender for you.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Yikes! Sorry that you have to deal with the damage to your bike.

Where is this pothole? I want to be sure that I don't fall into something that ugly.

·
Registered
751 Posts
OK we all know that sucks. How was it mounted? Share some agony to teach others to not do the same

·
Registered
326 Posts
Stay cool...we have all been there...like me dragging my foot over my paint on the rear fender...groan...have a Guinness or two and delete it from your brain. Ride safe.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I wish I could say that I have not made mistakes like that. I read somewhere that wisdom is the result of what we learn from our mistakes. If that's true I'm one of the wisest men on the planet.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK we all know that sucks. How was it mounted? Share some agony to teach others to not do the same
Was mounted on right side of frame front and positioned to the front of the frame. Now on left front even with frame.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yikes! Sorry that you have to deal with the damage to your bike.

Where is this pothole? I want to be sure that I don't fall into something that ugly.
Pothole was on Duval rd at intersection of woolridge rd (rear entrance to magnolia green)

·
luv the low country
19,253 Posts
Man, that sucks, purdy bike, I'd be sick too if it were mine. Luck you didn't bend a rim too, damn pot holes can mess up a wheel.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
A good bodyshop could fix that for you easy .
That's what I was thinking. Probably for a third of what the MoCo wants for a new fender and in a quarter of the time.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I manage a GREAT body shop. Fixing is easy. Getting the paint near impossible

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, that sucks, purdy bike, I'd be sick too if it were mine. Luck you didn't bend a rim too, damn pot holes can mess up a wheel.
I inspected the wheel. It is a 9 spoke so pretty strong. No damage that I can see.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts