Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it appears that Sena has a new offering in the communications arena. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this yet.

I currently have a Sena 20 on my helmet. I purchased the product new, but from an individual. I did not realize at the time that I would be unable to register the product for firmware upgrades. It appears to function ok as a solo unit...... However, i think this is a pretty pricy option for your passenger and a second bike.....

I have been searching for some less expensive options for passenger and second bike communications and came across the 3s this morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both smh-10 and smh-5 are good options. My friend has the 5 and my wife and I use 10's and they all work great together, and the sound quality is good. We use half and 3/4 helmets. Battery life is good on long trips. I went from Baltimore to Deals Gap NC-TN without recharging. Lots of other features between the 2 for you to evaluate price points. The 10 has greater distance capability than the 5, and more features for controlling phone calls and music.

I also have the Sena audio pack that provides high quality audio for GoPro cameras, which lets the goPro take a bluetooth communicated audio signal from the sena microphone instead of the GoPro built in microphone. Game changer if you use a GoPro on your rides.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the SMH-5 that my wife and I use when we ride together.WE can talk bike to bike in conversational tone and everything is loud and clear. I find it very helpful especially if one is anew rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts