Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lowest Price, Guaran
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective communications can be an excellent addition to any ride, and if you’re really picky about sound quality, take a look at Sena’s SMH10 Bluetooth motorcycle communications system. A single SMH10 can be matched with up to three other SMH10’s so you can communicate with them at a range of up to 900 meters away via a Bluetooth intercom system. In addition to real-time two-way comms, you can also hook up a mobile phone, GPS navigation device and/or an MP3 player – all via Bluetooth v2.1+EDR Class 1 protocol. Each device you attach has a separate volume control, so you can set levels depending on your needs, and you’ll be able to control each device separately with the intuitive jog dial on the helmet-mounted unit. If you’ve yet to upgrade your audio player or GPS to Bluetooth compatible models, you can also use the included 3.5mm audio jack to hardwire it directly to the headset.

Positioning the SMH10 on most helmets is a non-issue with two mounting schemes included with each communicator: clamp-style or stick-on style. And with the flexible, yet sturdy, microphone boom, properly positioning the pick-up mic is no problem at all. Low-profile stereo headphones fit into the ear pocket recesses of most helmets and shouldn’t bother those with even the biggest of ears. The headphones are also Velcro-backed and a pair of sticky-backed Velcro pads facilitate their installation should your helmet’s liner material not be suitable for keeping them in proper position.

Sena Communication systems are not yet available on our website. To order, call Brad at 866.931.6644 x 810 or send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with SENA SMH10 in the subject line – please be sure to specify if you want a single unit or a paired set, and we’ll get back to you right away.

Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Stereo Headset kits come with a headset unit and helmet mounting scheme, DC power charger, USB power cable, cigarette charger, 3.5mm stereo cable jack and mounting accessories like a sticky-back adaptor and Velcro pads plus all tools required for installation. If you order the dual-SMH10 kit, you get two of everything.

Headphone wires are smartly-placed at the back of the headset’s base so tucking away excess cable is made easier.

The SMH10’s microphone boom is stable enough to be used on open-face helmets too.

A USB port at the top aft of the communicator facilitates charging and firmware updates to expand the device’s already impressive list of capabilities. The jog dial and control button are both easily manipulated with a gloved hand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought one and after less than a year, it quit working. Tried to communicate with sena via the net for the last two/three days without success. Poor quality product and poor response from the manufacturer. AVOID THIS POORLY MADE PRODUCT!!!!!!!

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,052 Posts
Bought one and after less than a year, it quit working. Tried to communicate with sena via the net for the last two/three days without success. Poor quality product and poor response from the manufacturer. AVOID THIS POORLY MADE PRODUCT!!!!!!!
Sorry you're having a bad experience.

I have had nothing short of an excellent experience with my Sena sets ( rider and passenger ) for nearly 3 years now, through all kinds of weather and riding conditions. Excellent performance and reliability.

I am not affiliated in any way with the manufacturer or any distributor, but I just thought this product deserved a different side of the story.

I hope you can get yours straightened out.

--

·
Lowest Price, Guaran
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grumpy,

We've had nothing but luck working with Sena and their distributors on their products.

Did you purchase it from us?

I understand you're upset but bumping a 4 year old thread in our vendor forum might not be the most effective way to handle the issue.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have this exact product and has been excellent. My wife and I ride together all the time and the communications are as clear as if we sitting in the same room. I do have a problem sync with another couple we ride with. after and hour following the instructions, we must be stupid, we give up trying.

·
Lowest Price, Guaran
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have this exact product and has been excellent. My wife and I ride together all the time and the communications are as clear as if we sitting in the same room. I do have a problem sync with another couple we ride with. after and hour following the instructions, we must be stupid, we give up trying.
Make sure you have the most updated firmware. We saw a few issues that were addressed with the update.

·
Registered
237 Posts
We have had ours about a month now and they work great. I like the fact it syncs with phone and we can listen to our music, both together or separate. So far no problems.

Thanks, Jeff:smile

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
Sorry this post is late in this thread but I just saw this. I don't have the SMS10 but I have had the SMS5_FM for three years. It has performed perfectly and had provided me with priceless memories as I used to talk with my brother on my cell blue-toothed to my sena and he talked with me blue-toothed to his Sena while I was riding alone the coast in Florida on A1A from Daytona to St. Augustine and he was riding in the mountain twisties in West Virginia. Without the SENA we could not have accomplished our long and great conversations while riding. My brother died last fall but I have the memories of us talking while riding our bikes in two different states at the same time and discussing the roads we were riding on. The sound is clear, and anyone I talk to on the phone never can tell I am on a bike riding. I also use the built in FM radio a lot and the range on it is from Orlando to St. Augustine with no breaking up. The sound quality is good. I also occasionally blue-tooth my MP3 to the SENA if I want specific music and it sounds great. The batteries normally last about 6 hours on mine and that is talking on the phone and listening to the radio the whole time. In May the phone would not pair up for some reason...I emailed SENA and they sent me a whole new SMH5_FM free. Only Two emails, 3 days and I had a whole new set. That was EXCELLENT customer service, I had owned the SENA for 2 years. I could not believe they replaced it for free but they did.

Thank you SENA for the great memories of my brother, and your wonderful technology.

I have no stock or interest in this company, just wanted to write the truth.

·
Lowest Price, Guaran
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry this post is late in this thread but I just saw this. I don't have the SMS10 but I have had the SMS5_FM for three years. It has performed perfectly and had provided me with priceless memories as I used to talk with my brother on my cell blue-toothed to my sena and he talked with me blue-toothed to his Sena while I was riding alone the coast in Florida on A1A from Daytona to St. Augustine and he was riding in the mountain twisties in West Virginia. Without the SENA we could not have accomplished our long and great conversations while riding. My brother died last fall but I have the memories of us talking while riding our bikes in two different states at the same time and discussing the roads we were riding on. The sound is clear, and anyone I talk to on the phone never can tell I am on a bike riding. I also use the built in FM radio a lot and the range on it is from Orlando to St. Augustine with no breaking up. The sound quality is good. I also occasionally blue-tooth my MP3 to the SENA if I want specific music and it sounds great. The batteries normally last about 6 hours on mine and that is talking on the phone and listening to the radio the whole time. In May the phone would not pair up for some reason...I emailed SENA and they sent me a whole new SMH5_FM free. Only Two emails, 3 days and I had a whole new set. That was EXCELLENT customer service, I had owned the SENA for 2 years. I could not believe they replaced it for free but they did.

Thank you SENA for the great memories of my brother, and your wonderful technology.

I have no stock or interest in this company, just wanted to write the truth.
Thank you for the feedback, great to hear stories like this. May your brother RIP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts