Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
To qoute Eddie Murphy,
"Oh Lord help me Jesus...My shoe!"

All kidding aside, it sure happens fast and at least he just skimmed the side, he's gonna hurt for sure but a foot to the outside of that turn and he could be eating through a straw or worse.
Be careful out there!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
Good thing it wasn't another rider he clipped.
I worry that it's not just about staying on my side of the line,
I don't even want to be close enough to get clipped or worse
by somebody that far over who is on my side.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is one reason I did not ride it this summer when I was there. And it was also on a weekend.:flag:

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Well at least his buddy kept going.

I pay close attention to turns. But the on-coming traffic around here it seems the drivers think they are in a nascar race and they must use the entire road to make the turn. I don't know how many vehicle grills I come face to face with on one ride.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good thing it wasn't another rider he clipped.
I worry that it's not just about staying on my side of the line,
I don't even want to be close enough to get clipped or worse
by somebody that far over who is on my side.
Lately, that has been my hesitation... a rider coming over to my lane.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you can't handle the curves......stay at the drag strip! :nananana

·
Registered
18 Posts
I venture into the mountians here in Northern California quite often, both on my bike and towing my rock crawler. Had an incident a few months back of a guy on a rental BMW came into a corner to hot and hit my buddies Excursion on the passenger front side. The rider ended up with a broken leg and dislocated shoulder, could have been much worse.
The CHP firgured by hitting the Excursion it saved his life, as he was far enough into the wrong lane that he would have gone over the edge into a 130' deep granite lined canyon.
My buddy felt like crap, as he rides as well.
I will always remember what a friend told me years ago, when you fell that you are going slow enough to make the turn, slow a bit more.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I venture into the mountians here in Northern California quite often, both on my bike and towing my rock crawler. Had an incident a few months back of a guy on a rental BMW came into a corner to hot and hit my buddies Excursion on the passenger front side. The rider ended up with a broken leg and dislocated shoulder, could have been much worse.
The CHP firgured by hitting the Excursion it saved his life, as he was far enough into the wrong lane that he would have gone over the edge into a 130' deep granite lined canyon.
My buddy felt like crap, as he rides as well.
I will always remember what a friend told me years ago, when you fell that you are going slow enough to make the turn, slow a bit more.
Wow some story! Thanks for sharing that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts