Harley Davidson Forums banner
161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
They do to, maybe you could ask for a exception in your case, explain that the only reason you have a Harley is for their rules and would prefer to be on a victory and if they don't agree... join a different club and enjoy your right to express yerself!!
This may not go over well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They do to, maybe you could ask for a exception in your case, explain that the only reason you have a Harley is for their rules and would prefer to be on a victory and if they don't agree... join a different club and enjoy your right to express yerself!!
That's true I could, actually when I first started I did was told no. I Didn't have to join it was a choice. So I got a Harley. Also I can still have a victory just can't ride with club stuff on. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
was looking at victory's - the color options are non existent -1 or 2 choices for the bikes i liked - they have zero idea about paint compared to harley -might be a big reason the dont hold value like a hd

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well harleys hold their value only because it the brand, the illusion is harley is top shelf with every bike they make. Almost a cult like following. They used to be the icon of the American motorcycle. Fact is I have more American parts on my bike now then when I bought it.
Their marketing has been awesome now if they put that in development ides that would be better.

Just look at how many ppl tattoo harley on themselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me, the most important thing is pride. When I was riding my Suzuki, I was happy. But when I got a Harley, everything changed. I was a proud bike owner. The difference for me is comparing rump roast to filet mignon, as Jim put it. It comes down to preference. What makes you happy......

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love riding. I was given my first dirt bike at the age of 4, a little 50cc Yamaha with training wheels. I rode that thing into the ground. I've own many dirt bikes, trikes, quads and snowmobiles over the years, but have always wanted a street bike. I've road many, crotch rockets to big touring bikes. I've shopped for and tested many different brands. I could never get myself to pull the trigger on anything....

Until this year. All I had to do was throw a leg over an 05 Fat Boy, and I knew instantly I had to have the bike. What is it? I can't really say. I don't particularly like all the accessories, but that can be fixed at a swap meet or two. But without even starting the bike up, I knew it had to be my bike. Is there such a thing as a motorcycle soul mate? It was defiantly love at first sight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To me, the most important thing is pride. When I was riding my Suzuki, I was happy. But when I got a Harley, everything changed. I was a proud bike owner. The difference for me is comparing rump roast to filet mignon, as Jim put it. It comes down to preference. What makes you happy......
This post I can identify with. I've ridden for 25 years. Honda and Kawasaki were my bikes of choice for price and what I thought was an overrated machine in Harley. For me, there is definitely a difference. Can't quite put my finger on it, but pride is certainly one of the reasons. I would add that the "community" is a difference as well. I never saw anyone hang around and talk about bikes, life and riding at any Honda dealership I purchased from. It might only be me, but I've enjoyed meeting so many great people with that one thing in common...Harley.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
Because there is nothing more American than the sight of seeing two decked out Electraglides waving 5 foot American flags leading a funeral procession for one of our countries fallen heroes. There is something so powerful about that sight it just gives me chills every time I think about it.

One of the many reasons that I fly a flag on my bike everywhere I go. Constantly reminds me of the major reason that I have the ability to ride at all and makes me take a minute to thank all of the veterans and the 4 of my friends that have entered the service to protect this country.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,788 Posts
I only own one cause I need to, if the option was there I'd be on a victory :)
Also I can still have a victory just can't ride with club stuff on. :)
All is well that ends well! my friend!

:cheers Here's to wishing you the pleasure to live and ride how,what and when you want :usa

·
Registered
51 Posts
Because there is nothing more American than the sight of seeing two decked out Electraglides waving 5 foot American flags leading a funeral procession for one of our countries fallen heroes. There is something so powerful about that sight it just gives me chills every time I think about it.

One of the many reasons that I fly a flag on my bike everywhere I go. Constantly reminds me of the major reason that I have the ability to ride at all and makes me take a minute to thank all of the veterans and the 4 of my friends that have entered the service to protect this country.
U do realize the most American thing on that bike is the flag lol. Harleys are more jap.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
U do realize the most American thing on that bike is the flag lol. Harleys are more jap.

Complying with the Made in USA Standard | BCP Business Center

That article describes the credentials that must be had to place a Made In USA label on something. From this article one can deduce that a Harley, just by carrying the sticker MUST BE at least 60% USA made and therefore Harley's are not "more Japanese than American made as you so claim.

Except from the article:

"What is a qualified Made in USA claim?

"A qualified Made in USA claim describes the extent, amount or type of a product’s domestic content or processing; it indicates that the product isn’t entirely of domestic origin.

Example: "60% U.S. content." "Made in USA of U.S. and imported parts." "Couch assembled in USA from Italian Leather and Mexican Frame."

·
Registered
51 Posts
Complying with the Made in USA Standard | BCP Business Center

That article describes the credentials that must be had to place a Made In USA label on something. From this article one can deduce that a Harley, just by carrying the sticker MUST BE at least 60% USA made and therefore Harley's are not "more Japanese than American made as you so claim.

Except from the article:

"What is a qualified Made in USA claim?

"A qualified Made in USA claim describes the extent, amount or type of a product’s domestic content or processing; it indicates that the product isn’t entirely of domestic origin.

Example: "60% U.S. content." "Made in USA of U.S. and imported parts." "Couch assembled in USA from Italian Leather and Mexican Frame."
It plays on wording and "processing" parts and the bike in the us. Most parts made in China, the new motors made in bawal. You can have a bike mostly built anywhere bring it to the us and manipulated to get the made in the us sticker. Nothing like getting a part from harley and it is stramped made in China lol.

When Honda had their plant in the us technically they met the standards to have that as well.

In the end it really don't matter to me either way. More funny to watch ppl get bent lol.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Got any sources to back up your claim?

Or are you just trolling?

No Kainam, he doesn't have any facts. I know the type. Join a HD forum and stir chyt up. I'm thinking he's just an idiot wrapped in a moron.

But still, I do apologize for my anti-Delaware remark. That was out of bounds.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Did u come up with that in your own? That 4th grade education really paying off for u now. Lol

Wow big mouth to go with balls. You and Jo should meet.

Don't know you, but betting you love that crotch rocket you have. Ride safe!

161 - 180 of 198 Posts