Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Road King CVO

Installed caliper mounted fog/aux LED lights. Trying to connect them to the right aux light switch. The switch is wired but where is the connector for me to hook up the wires from the lights???

I can see where the switch wires go into a plug...but can't seem to be able to follow that plug to find the end of it....

I removed the headlight to make it easier... ...and I can't find threads on this either... Help!

Here is the plug to the switch... I disconnected the bottom portion... I thought that I would find two empty connectors inside the headlight bucket to connect the lights to...but no such luck...

Before I tear down more of the bike...looking for help from someone that has done this in a RK. In the RGC those where clearly visible when you removed the fairing...

Just in case, yes, Workshop Manual ordered when I bought the bike...Still waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The aux (running/passing) light switch is just below the left handlebar clamp, or close by.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The aux (running/passing) light switch is just below the left handlebar clamp, or close by.
Switch is on the right... And has juice... I was hoping to find connectors in the headlight bucket that I could connect the lights to... I was hoping those connectors were in the headlight bucket. But looks like it is under side panel, below fuse box.

Wires are easy to identify (purple and green). Arggghhhh, looks like no way to get away with wiring to a factory plug without running wires from front to side panel....

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I look at the solution from Harley... they just provide a wire harness that plugs into the acc plug and gives the wires to tap into... here: Touring Electrical Connection Update Kit-69200722 which is just a plug to the acc outlet... seems redundant when I can just tap into the plug in the photo at the bucket end and accomplish the same...

Which is just a plug to the acc outlet... seems redundant when I can just tap into the plug in the photo at the bucket end (same wire that goes to that acc plug on the side panel) and accomplish the same...

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to be safe I put a fuse inline...

This is the plug to the switch. I tapped into the light blue wire

using this

Let's test before I put everything back...

All is working fine...

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
That adds some eye catching visibility. Can you post a pic of the lights from the side view, so I can see how they mount & wire routes? Are they HD or aftermarket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts