Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley Davidson Touring Service Repair Manual CD 2013 | eBay

Has anyone ever used a disc like this, are they any good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It should be just like the manual only in a pdf file. I like the one I have.....My bad didn't know they did not make them...little embarrassed..

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,125 Posts
i broke the link...
As Bob pointed out it is an illegal copy, and per our rules posting or linking copy-write protected manuals is not allowed.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,650 Posts
Personally a hard paper copy wont crash you can mark the pages you need for the Service your doing . you can write notes on the pages you doing service on . I put post-it markers on key pages of info for quick reference . I read it anywhere I need too. , It don't break if it fall on the ground . Greasey finger prints gives it character. Besides It's good reading in the Office while your sitting on the Throne........:laugh..:laugh

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
I have a CD based service manual for a Honda I once owned. Very clumsy to carry a computer out to the garage to work on the bike. If you need a hard copy of a page you can print it first. Not the best way to work.

Buy the official H-D service manual.

·
Registered
39,459 Posts
Links, information or direction to Harely Davidson repair manuals, both CD or PDF form, are not permitted to be posted within this forum.

They are not authorized by Harely Davidson, therefore will not be permitted to be placed on the forum. These posts that contain these links will be deleted and the member will either receive an infraction or be banned.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have taken my manual and scanned and printed it. Then I put each page in a plastic sleeve that go in a 3 ring binder. That way the greasy finger prints wipe off and it stays dry and the factory one looks new

·
Registered
39,459 Posts
I just use my scanner to print off the specific pages I need for something too involved to remember, or if I need to ride my bike someplace (friends etc) that has the specific tools needed (that I don't have) to do the job.

Added bonus, I can fold the printout and put it in my back pocket.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I have taken my manual and scanned and printed it. Then I put each page in a plastic sleeve that go in a 3 ring binder. That way the greasy finger prints wipe off and it stays dry and the factory one looks new
You must have some spare time banked up LOL , I didn't do the whole manual but I did the wiring diagrams so there easier to work with , just pull them out of the binder and lay them out.

My 2014 touring manual has nice color diagrams , my 2001 Softail one didn't.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You must have some spare time banked up LOL , I didn't do the whole manual but I did the wiring diagrams so there easier to work with , just pull them out of the binder and lay them out.

My 2014 touring manual has nice color diagrams , my 2001 Softail one didn't.
Its those long cold winter nights up here in the frozen north that gave me the time to get that done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts