Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need a little help. Sorry if this seems dumb, but my wife bought me some bling for my birthday. One of the items is a chrome license plate holder for my 2012 SG. My problem is the mounting instructions state to remove the two fasteners connecting the rear light bar to the fender. I can't figure out how to reach the fasteners other than removing the rear tire. Am I missing something here? This seems to be a lot of trouble for something this simple. Besides that, I have never removed a rear wheel with a drive belt. I have a manual but I can't find anything about accessing the two fasteners. Anybody out there done this before? thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I tried reaching under the back fender but my hands are fat and my fingers are short. But I will try it again laying on my back and see if i can reach it.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
1/2 socket and a 1/4" drive stubby ratchet.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Thanks, I tried reaching under the back fender but my hands are fat and my fingers are short. But I will try it again laying on my back and see if i can reach it.
So are you saying you have blowfish for hands?

Just kiddin'!

That sounds like a pain in the keester. I had to replace my tail light and was able to reach 'em, but jacking the bike up definitely will help. Make your wife do it anyway. I'm sure she has smaller hands. :laugh:laugh

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Jack it up, and get the rear tire off the ground, you should be able to fit your Fred Flintstone hands in there then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all of the helpful suggestions. I jacked it up and laid on the floor and got it done. My wife's small hands helped a lot. That's the closest she's ever been to my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts