Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello family!!! Had my stereo upgraded while I was home!!! It Sounds amazing!!! I can hear the sounds at 85 just as If I was standing still!!! Went to a custom audio shop in Jax Fl. The owner expressed to me he wanted to really do something special and it would look like Harley Davidson installed from the factory!!!! I told him I tried three different other shops and they all suggested I go with two 6 1/2 Subs in rear bags and up grade front fairing speakers and add a amp to sub and a 4 channel amp to fairing speakers and speakers in lids.

He then asked why go with two amps to place a strain on charging system!! He suggested that I go with a powerful Hertz 5 channel amp to drive the whole system!! I agreed that made sense. He then said let's install a 8inch Hertz sub in the left bag and let's install two Hertz 6x9 in the right bag and upgrade the fairing speakers with Hertz 6 1/2. All speakers installed are Hertz speakers except for lid speakers. The craftsmanship looks beautiful! He drilled small holes like the old school stereos components in the right side bag to release the sound for 6x9. The bags where used as speaker grills. Then he cut a hole for the 8 inch sub with a steal mesh and made a speaker grill for the Sub!!! Everything is actual inside of the bags rather than outside!!! All holes are facing inner wheel with grills to protect speakers. Im now going to add the Razor or chop Pac for storage!!! First bagger and not really caring about space to carry anything! Love this bike! Selling my custom now! Lol ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410646862.339701.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410646889.400958.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410646927.247877.jpg

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Looks like alot of money!!!!! Lol

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I like music a lot and I bet this is a superb system but I NEED my saddle bags for storing stuff. I could not do this

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like music a lot and I bet this is a superb system but I NEED my saddle bags for storing stuff. I could not do this

Lol! I'm coming from a Iron horse and street bikes! Never had storage before! I will be adding the Razor Pac so I can store some small things. But I do understand! Most individual buy these baggers to actually use the bags.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Same here. I couldn't do this, I ride way too much, but it probably sounds killer. I'll be starting on my system install when the snow starts flying.

I think I got a great deal! 1,500.00 for everything installed!
Yea, you did well!! I haven't heard of Hertz before, have to look them up.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What shop in Jax did the install? I live in Jax as well

Don't have the shop name but will get the name for you!!! Back in Afghanistan !! The shop is four building down from the regency Harley Davidson shop!!! Same side of the road as the Harley shop

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Thanks hulk. That help, I'm sure I can find I it. Be safe. Hit me up when you get back. Would love to hear the system and perhaps a ride

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks hulk. That help, I'm sure I can find I it. Be safe. Hit me up when you get back. Would love to hear the system and perhaps a ride

I would love to go for a ride! I will contact you on my next trip home!

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daddy'0 S discount stereo?

No not that one!!! The one that's to the left of Daddy's if your facing the building from the road! ! It's the next parking lot over from Daddy's. Its actually walked distance from DADDYS. It's 25 yards to the left of Daddy's. I went into DADDYS also and they wanted to do the two subs and two amp set up which everyone else tried to offerer.

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Breeze....are you in Jax as well? Can the southern boys put some sizable meet and greets together to entice those Yankees to come down? Lol

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Audio Design and custom graphics?
I'm in Georgia. I just use Google maps to try and look smart. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Audio Design and custom graphics?
I'm in Georgia. I just use Google maps to try and look smart. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't.

Yes that's the shop!!!!! The owner says he's looking to do more bikes in our area! They sell quality merchandise! I had not heard of hertz stereo so I asked the guys at Daddy O stereo about hertz and they spoke very highly of there product! They called hertz high end equipment!!! So I used there recombination to go with Audio Design due to the cost was only a hundred dollars difference! And I received more equipment with a better quality. My bike was the first 2014 they done and they done a great job!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nice stuff, but not for me. I'm sure it kicks a$$. I love my bags and storage space. Guess your not planning any long road trips, lol.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
As long as you're happy, that's what counts. I could do saddlebag lid speakers. But nothing like that your getup. I, like others have said, like my storage too much.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Breeze....are you in Jax as well? Can the southern boys put some sizable meet and greets together to entice those Yankees to come down? Lol
I'm a Yankee... But live in nc.... Depending on time... I would be interested...

Stay safe HULK7!!! The set up looks good.... But as stated before... I need my storage...
Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts