Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My nomination:

New Park Pizza on Cross bay Boulevard in Howard Beach (John Gotti's old neighborhood) exit 17-N off the belt parkway in Queens, NYC.

Regular old NY-style pizza, gas-fired oven (so no gimmicks) - just the best pizza you will ever eat, ever.

For those of you who would like to learn more about Howard Beach, check out the following:

Heck, even good ole Reverand Al used to hang out there on occasion....

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
On its way to my house as we speak.

·
Registered
39,576 Posts
Cant really pick a favorite, but so far the best I've had were NY style cooked in wood fired brick ovens.

So many pizzas, so little time....

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One quick item of note per my video presentation earlier - what Reverand A fails to mention is that the mob who chased Michael Griffith into traffic (unfortunately) had just caught him trying to steal a car.

Might be a relevant fact to know when contemplating the Rev's hair from back in the day in that video.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Chicago owns at least the top 5 pizza places known to mankind. I hate definitive statements like this because I don't care for unreasonable or inflexible people. But, my friends, I believe this to be truth.

Ride to me this season so I can take you there and make a believer out of you.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
P.S. They all serve beer. :thumb

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
A little joint on the north shore of Lake Maxenkuckie in Culver, IN. Papa's Pizza.

Another place is Gelsossemos' in Valparaiso, IN

·
Registered
39,576 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Lou Malnati's is the best example of a Chicago style pizza, which is without a doubt the best example of pizza period.

If you like thin crust, I am a Rosati's fan.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Side Street Pizzeria in Tryon,NC. I haven't been there in 17 years though.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Chicago owns at least the top 5 pizza places known to mankind. I hate definitive statements like this because I don't care for unreasonable or inflexible people. But, my friends, I believe this to be truth.

Ride to me this season so I can take you there and make a believer out of you.
I'll make the ride, when I can exercise my 2nd amendmant right, and carry my gun, cause I ain't stepping foot in Chicago without it..... :rollin

Until then, I'll stay in Buffalo, for my wings and pizza... :nod

·
Registered
819 Posts
Chief & JP, if I've said it once...

Chicago has some serious issues when it comes to pie AND dogs. If y'all like it then it's cool, but let's not get carried away and make crazy implications.

Reminds me of a thread when some Texans were raving about canned chili.

Bizarro World, indeed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pizza Barn Ossipee NH!!!:rollin

·
Registered
39,576 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Chief & JP, if I've said it once...

Chicago has some serious issues when it comes to pie AND dogs. If y'all like it then it's cool, but let's not get carried away and make crazy implications.

Reminds me of a thread when some Texans were raving about canned chili.

Bizarro World, indeed.
The only issue we have when it comes to pie and dogs is that we are the best at both.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The only issue we have when it comes to pie and dogs is that we are the best at both.
I'll concede the blues and the best story about a barnyard animal taking out an entire city to Chicago.

Pizza goes to NYC.
Dogs to NYC.
Pulled Pork to Eastern NC.
BBQ to Texas.
Jambalaya to NOLA.
Brunswick Stew to VA.
Srapple to Pennsylvania.
Crab cakes to MD.
Sandwiches with french fries on board to Pittsburgh.
Hot Browns to Lexington, KY.
Jerk Pork to The Pig Pit, outside of Montego Bay.

And that's just the way it is....

'course I'm willing to continue sampling.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts