141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,710 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,803 Posts
Vito`s
Or a little Mom run place called Rosies Pizza back in my old stomping grounds. Have`t eaten there since my high school days.
Just looked it up and it`s still there.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,437 Posts
With all the talk of Illinois pizza, I got carried away. I really should be talking up the pizza in NM, or more specifically Santa Fe and/or Las Vegas (NM) restaurants.

In Santa Fe there is only 2 types of pizza available, edible and flushable.

In Las Vegas, see above.

I've been spoiled.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You guys still don't know what pizza is until you've had Umbertos from Long Island N.Y.

·
Registered
40,466 Posts
You guys still don't know what pizza is until you've had Umbertos from Long Island N.Y.
How much to ship one from Long Island to TX/NM?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love pizza. Of all the pizza places I've been to, I would say that Amica's Pizza and Microbrewery in Salida Colorado is probably the very best I've had. It's in the old downtown area.

·
Registered
40,466 Posts
I love pizza. Of all the pizza places I've been to, I would say that Amica's Pizza and Microbrewery in Salida Colorado is probably the very best I've had. It's in the old downtown area.
A lot of times micro brews/brew pubs have the best food around.

The ONLY place to get decent food in Hell Paso is a brew pub called "The Hoppy Monk". 70 beers on tap, 170+ bottled beers...

Didn't try the pizza while I was there, but the people the next table to me had one and it looked delicious.

Wish I found out about this place much sooner than I did.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,658 Posts
Of all the places: got hungry in Fostoria when I ws up there recently and ordered a pizza from the local establishment. Delivered at just under 20 bucks and reminded me of the one I had in Concordia, KS, for the amount of stuff they had piled on and the amount of time it took to finish it. Pretty fair pie even in Fostoria.

·
Registered
89 Posts
New York/New jersey pizza tops all, case closed, if ever in the city go to Angelos pizza near Ed Sullivan theater... Brooklyn go to L&B's, Staten Island go to Denino's, new Jersey go to pizza town, hawthorne pizza or mr. brunos..marrone!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
We went to a place in Sycamore Il on a recommendation. The Forge, it was really good I guess "artisan" pizza. I ordered some sort of artichoke pizza that was freaking awesome, good microbrews as well.

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
I'm not a pizza connoisseur and it's not even a favorite of mine, but I have to say that the best I've had is at the Pizza Factory in Williams Az. It was so good that I stop in every time I'm up that way even if i'm not hungry.

·
Former Lurker
3,137 Posts
I freely admit that I am a pizza snob and addict.
I usually try to find the best local spot when visiting an area.
Never had the privilege of checking out NYC.
Used to go to Chicago for work fairly often and tried a bunch of different place.(Uno's, Giordano's (sp?, Leonardo's)
Got to know that folks at Bacino's and they made one hell of a good pie.

Best one WAS (now closed) Windy City Pizza in Tampa. Some long time Chicago pizza makers moved south. Best thick Pizza I ever had.
Best thin Pizza was made by an old retired couple who moved to Seminole Fl, Charlie and Millie's Pizza.

Damn good stuff.
We have one place here in MS that takes it it pretty seriously, Nick and Al's. Two brothers who are using an old family sauce recipe. It works.
Can't handle the chain Pizzas or frozen. I'd rather pass.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1444302625.466642.jpg

Leonardi's Pizza.

Been in business for 40 years. You CAN'T eat there, no tables, they DON'T deliver, they DON'T sell slices, and are only open from 3pm to 10pm.

And the place is mobbed.

·
American
27,581 Posts
The Willard in Franklin, IN !

141 - 160 of 182 Posts